I FOUND the secret (to ld'ing for me)

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Jackson

I FOUND the secret (to ld'ing for me)

Postby Jackson » 12 Jan 2014 15:13

:D Hello, so I just thought I would share my recent success with having lucid dreams ;)

So just randomly, 3 days ago I decided to meditate before going to sleep, then I went to sleep and voila,
5 LD's :D
I repeated that 3 nights in a row with the exact same results, and now last night, as an experiment, I decided not to do that and ended up with remembering 1 non lucid. But I am happy because I have proved that I DO indeed have a technique that works for me efficiently and easily :shock: :D

Here's how I do it exactly; Lie down in room for about 10 min., until you start just start seeing hypnagogia. Then I meditate for about another 10 min,no longer ( I don't want to spend too long in that highly aware state or I cannot fall asleep afterwards, or it takes so long the effect wears off) because 10 min. is about the time I enter that highly aware state. Then, without moving, without letting my wander too much, I go straight to sleep. I meditate in my bed to aid that. And then as I fall asleep, set dream intent and then when I wake up I have had 5+ vivid long LD's. :D ;)

JonSnowLD

Re: I FOUND the secret (to ld'ing for me)

Postby JonSnowLD » 12 Jan 2014 21:10

I quite often meditate before going to bed but I've unfortunately not had the same great results as you :/ I tend to do it sitting though so i'll try and lie down next time and see if that works! ;)
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

RustyMinecart

Postby RustyMinecart » 13 Jan 2014 03:39

Sounds pretty similar to my technique, although I recently found that self hypnosis is also very effective.
You Create Your Own Reality

MarkN

Postby MarkN » 13 Jan 2014 04:12

Hey Jackson,
What meditation method were you using? Eg the guided meditation from Rebecca's handbook?

The highly aware issue is what I have found too - in that when just getting hypnagogic, that electric/vibration starts, and then I find myself incredibly awake and aware, and not even tired anymore - hence no LD's (or sleep!) possible for some time. :roll:

My understanding is that the meditation should leave you very relaxed and ready for sleep, but as you found, beyond the meditation seems to come the hyper awareness in the waking body.

I'll look forward to trying what you tried.

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 13 Jan 2014 08:31

hey Jackson, can you explain me in french please(if you speak french of cause) so that i understand better.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 24+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 13 Jan 2014 19:24

Ok, I've been meaning to ask this for a LONG time: How do you properly keep track of time while meditating to know when 10 minutes has gone by?
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 15 Jan 2014 23:21

Hey MarkN. What kind of meditation am I using? I am not sure what this would be classified as, but for my form of meditation, I try to focus on everything. By everything, I mean what I feel, slight sounds I can hear, and most importantly, the thoughts that I am thinking. I try not to move an it helps if the room is dark( less tempting to open eyes).

Guitar48300
13 Jan 2014 19:24
Ok, I've been meaning to ask this for a LONG time: How do you properly keep track of time while meditating to know when 10 minutes has gone by?

How do you tell how long it has been? That 10 minute mark is just an estimate, a rough value to go by. How long you need to meditate is up to you. I tend to stop as soon as I start to feel "aware" and by that I mean I find it is easier to do the things above and I feel calm. Also, my mind chatter is seriously diminished.

As a general remark; so I have some tips that might help this technique work for you. First of all, I just read my post and it made no sense at all, so let me clear that up a bit. I start going to sleep as I normally would, then as I begin to see hypnagogia and when I start to feel sort of sleepy, I start meditating, without opening my eyes, without moving to a chair, I just sit up in bed and start to meditate. Once I meditate long enough to reach that aware state, I immediately lie down and go to sleep. As I fall asleep, I either, repeat my a phrase like " I will do blah blah blah in my dreams tonight" or " I will become lucid tonight" or what I do is I set my dream intention( what I want to do in my dream). I find that the second works a little bit better just because your mind wanders less because it is more engaging. Hopefully that helped and also Je-Je, you might be able to get a bit of a better idea of what I am saying if you use unreliable, stupid Google Translate (haha).

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Peter

Postby Peter » 16 Jan 2014 00:43

Sounds interesting and suspect that what you are doing in slightly waking up part of you mind and letting you body go to sleep. I am similar in WILD attempts in that I will wait till I feel my self drifting and then roll over in bed and calmly notice any feelings in my body that are new. This wakes my mind up just a little and helps to stay aware as part of me goes to sleep.

Great post and I will try this tonight
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2014 08:19

Jackson wrote:Hey MarkN. What kind of meditation am I using? I am not sure what this would be classified as, but for my form of meditation, I try to focus on everything. By everything, I mean what I feel, slight sounds I can hear, and most importantly, the thoughts that I am thinking.
I'd call this an awareness meditation. Some people find that doing awareness meditation during their daily life stuff can also trigger off LDs that night. You are programming your mind to be more aware of you and your surroundings.

I often do this kind of meditation when I want to trigger off a WILD but in my case I usually start with breathwork and then afterwards observing the breath, any sensations in my body and observe my surroundings too. If that dont take me into a WILD, I then allow myself to mentally drift (let go) as if Im going to go to sleep but often then go straight into a WILD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”