How to Dream share?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Alvar

Re: How to Dream share?

Postby Alvar » 08 Mar 2015 06:19

I tried this once with a group of people who were in different countries. We agreed on a time and even a location for our experiment. We'd all try around the same time and then project ourselves to the Notre Dame cathedral. Some of us had dreams about the cathedral, because we worked ourselves up for this weeks in advance; a few swore they went there, but they told different tales of the experience. In short, we couldn't really do it and I always had my doubts about those who said they were there at the agreed time.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Apr 2015 15:19

Alvar wrote:I tried this once with a group of people who were in different countries. We agreed on a time and even a location for our experiment. We'd all try around the same time and then project ourselves to the Notre Dame cathedral. Some of us had dreams about the cathedral, because we worked ourselves up for this weeks in advance; a few swore they went there, but they told different tales of the experience. In short, we couldn't really do it and I always had my doubts about those who said they were there at the agreed time.

That probably isn't at all a good way to try dream sharing as I assume all it would do is incubate dreams of the cathedral and of the others being there, seeing they worked themselves up weeks in advance. To dream share you also should have a strong emotional connection to the other after all you are linking to their minds. This would of been near guaranteed to fail.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Krispy

Postby Krispy » 15 Jul 2015 16:58

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_telepathy

It seems dream telepathy has been experimented with and found impossible. I know they wire people's heads up to computers. I've wondered what would happen if you did the same thing but instead connected 2 people together. I imagine it would either do very little or be extremely dangerous. What if you had no control over what you sent to the other person? What if the connection was so good you involuntarily became one? You could suffer permanent damage. Obviously the solution from there is to use a computer as a middle man. The computer could filter your connection and make sure what passes is safe. But science has not reached enough of an understanding of the brain for that yet.

So although sharing dreams would be great it seems impossible as of yet.

Although I'm single I've thought about what it would be like for couples. If they both know how to lucid dream that would be cool but you're not really sharing the experience you know?

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 17 Jul 2015 00:19

I recommend the following article -

"Mutual dreaming, an experiment during the IASD's annual ..." - vandoornondreams.wordpress.com -
van Doorn on dreaming!

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”