The hypnagogia

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
taniaaust1

Re: The hypnagogia

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Apr 2015 17:13

Summerlander wrote:Your mistake was ignoring the sensation that someone was turning your bed at a hundred miles per hour. You should have gone with that sensation and attempted a perceived separation from the body.

nods at what Summerlander said.

I've been noticing that a lot here, people getting into the right kind of state but then not succeeding to have a good LD, so thinking they failed when they haven't built on the state. (its making it all the more a hit or miss kind of thing). People getting stuck on the in between or HI state.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Apr 2015 17:42

Yep. Especially when they have expectations as to what the hypnagogic or hypnopompic states should be like. Sometimes they even aim for vibrations erroneously believing that they are required for success.

To all the newbies out there: any strange sensation--be that vibrations, sounds, images or an amalgamation of all--will do! Amplify whatever oddity you are experiencing and then separate from the perceived body stencil. I either roll over and "out" or I just get out of bed to find that I have moved incorporeally despite the realism.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

son of shennong

Postby son of shennong » 24 Apr 2015 04:25

link: http://dreamstudies.org/2010/12/10/hypnagogic-dreams-and-imagery/
“Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in."
Thoreau

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”