Lucid Powers

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
WhyNotSmeagol

Lucid Powers

Postby WhyNotSmeagol » 04 May 2014 11:35

So I had lucid dreams last night. When I realised I was dreaming and did a reality check I decided to jump through the window and fly away. But I just landed and did not fly. I had lucid dreams before where I couldn't fly, but also had flying ones. This time I tried to control the world or change places, but I couldn't. Why am I not able to fly and use other "lucid powers"? Is it because I'm not "fully lucid" or because I don't focus enough?
Equilibrium

Highlander

Re: Lucid Powers

Postby Highlander » 04 May 2014 18:00

Yep. I guess that it. It happens to me too. Sometimes it takes a greater effort of focusing to get what i want. Other times it's easy. I guess in some dreams we are more focused than others.

Dynamo

Postby Dynamo » 11 Sep 2014 14:40

So I had the same problem, but last night I had a lucid dream. When i wanted to fly, I just knew I could fly. So i jumped in the air and flew away. The point is: you know you can't fly in real life because it is impossible. And that tought keeps you from doing it. You just need to know that you can do it.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Sep 2014 04:46

WhyNotSmeagol wrote:So I had lucid dreams last night. When I realised I was dreaming and did a reality check I decided to jump through the window and fly away. But I just landed and did not fly. I had lucid dreams before where I couldn't fly, but also had flying ones. This time I tried to control the world or change places, but I couldn't. Why am I not able to fly and use other "lucid powers"? Is it because I'm not "fully lucid" or because I don't focus enough?

Dont blame yourself for it, it may have nothing at all to do with your focus or you not being fully lucid enough.

It may be just a case that your subconscious wants to express strongly that you cant fly and its expressing itself stronger then your normal thinking mind can do. We also arent used to flying in real life either so flying is actually unnatural to our "normal waking conscious mind".

The things which happen in dreams are often cause of our subconciousness and its expression, our subconciousnesses language is symbols and symbolism. Being able to fly in dreams is actually a common subconsciousness symbolism of success in life and things going right in life, therefore those who have their lives going well, will be able to fly far more easily in their dreams then those who do not!

The subconciousness, will naturally want to create flying in dreams in those who are having very successful lives. So as I said, not being able to fly isnt necessarily your lack of focus or a lack of awareness in a dream.

If something in your life changes for the better, you may suddenly find yourself being able to fly easily and wonder why you used to have such issues with it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 13 Sep 2014 03:37

You must use the proper techniques to control the dream, such as FVT.

Once you familiarize yourself with how dreams work, dream control becomes effortless.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”