Techniques?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Rakitoti

Techniques?

Postby Rakitoti » 30 Jun 2014 17:02

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew of a technique that could prompt me for Sleep Paralysis, or help me ease into it.
I know there's nothing to be scared of with SP, but I just wimp out every opportunity I have. Thus my want for something that could ease me into the idea of it.
Thanks for any replies. :D
In my first Lucid Dream, I became lucid by riding my "Cheese Bicycle",
and humming the words "Lucid Dreaming is fun".

Something is wrong.

nesgirl

Re: Techniques?

Postby nesgirl » 01 Jul 2014 00:53

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:32, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Rakitoti

Re: Techniques?

Postby Rakitoti » 01 Jul 2014 01:24

nesgirl wrote:Please don't be scared of SP. It is just your body sleeping, that is all. If you just think of it as that, and that the vibes and the buzzing are just a form of sleep as well, you won't have any problem with it.

Usually to induce the sensation you either wake up with it or you induce it by attempting WILD techniques.

One way is to do a WBTB (or run crazily around the house until really early in the morning) tactic and to lay in front of the TV with your body completely still in front of the TV with it on and keep focused on it for a few hours without moving. Without moving your body for any sensation, despite the fact your eyes are open (some people do in fact sleep with their eyes open), you'll trick your body into thinking you've fallen asleep, so your body will likely fall asleep. Just don't get startled when you suddenly lose focus of the TV.

Once you get into SP, realize your body is asleep and just relax and go with it. Get yourself ready to enter a dream
There are 3 WILD tactics you can go with:
Phasing straight into a dream (this is probably the most preferable and easiest way)
Suddenly feeling like you are flying after the SP- You get that feeling and you feel like you are in a dream body immediately, go with it and see if you can change the scenery. If you are flying in your room, then perform some reality checks. Bed (occupied bed always means dream), Mirror (odd reflection or no reflection means dream), and Clock (best one) are perfect. (I don't bother with this one anymore, it is too accidental to me, not enough control)
Controlling your Dream Body- Focusing your attention on your dream body rather than your real one. One you have enough attention on your dream body, get your dream body to sit up. Then open your dream eyes. Once you have done that, hoist the rest of your dream body up. You will be in the dream. You may need to Reality Check at that point, again like I said earlier, the bed, mirror, and clock are perfect.

Thank you so much. :D I'll be sure to try this.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
In my first Lucid Dream, I became lucid by riding my "Cheese Bicycle",
and humming the words "Lucid Dreaming is fun".

Something is wrong.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”