Wake Induced Lucid Dream

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.

Wake Induced Lucid Dream

Postby Hendrix » 12 Aug 2014 19:51

Hi there. Havent been on here in a year but i think i have found a technique for people with erratic sleep schedules. In the beginning of 2011 i found out about lucid dreaming and started practicing it. I started with the wild and the first time i tried it( January 27, 2011. I dont know why i remember the date), i almost succeeded and got into some really deep Hypnagogic Imagery but got spooked by a hypnagogic sound. Basically i started trying all kinds of techniques like getting up for an hour, drinking coffee in the middle of the night, fild,and others. I should have sticked with the first technique because it was working and i didnt need to stay up for an hour, just set my alarm( watch alarm) to 4:30am and shut it off and immediately try wild. Now my bodys used to waking up at that time and when it happens its like i drunk a pot of coffee so i cant try wild cause im too awake Fast forward to August 2014 and i havent had an ld yetand i gave up at one point but now im back with interesting news!!!!! Ive found a technique that works for me( Almost!)

Basically while trying to sleep in December 2013 someone woke me up an hour and a half into my sleep at 11:30pm. I was pissed and couldnt go back to sleep for a few hours. I was browsing the internet up until about 4:30am and then got tired. I layed back in my bed and felt really sleepy. About 5 minutes after laying down i started seeing Hynagogia( nothing intense just the usual dots and stuff) and decided to try wild for some reason and started playing music in my head. I zoned out and eventually started seeing vivid images of people, landscapes, etc...... and heard a hynagogic sound that woke me up!!!! I was ecstatic when i awoken and have been experimenting with it since then and everytime i came close. I never thought i would be this far. In no time i will have a Wake Induced Lucid Dream!!!!! I am so happy :D :D :D :D :D :D :mrgreen:

Re: Wake Induced Lucid Dream

Postby Jackson » 18 Aug 2014 23:16

It seems you have incorporated both the WBTB and WILD techniques into something like a WWBTB technique :lol:. But seriously though, good job Hendrix, it is awesome to see an aspiring lucid dreamer succeed. :D

[ Post made via FlyingGorillaPigBeast v2.0 Image

Postby Hendrix » 19 Aug 2014 02:31

Yes Jackson thanks man. Feel like im finally making progress after all of these years!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Postby LucidityMaster » 22 Aug 2014 01:28

Hey, LucidityMaster here

I was successful with WILD on my first attempt,

I induced a long chain of five lucid dreams in a single night!

This shows how effective the WILD technique can be.

Keep trying, you are bound to be successful.

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Sep 2014 07:11

Sounds like you are almost there. You have the awareness and right relaxation there, that's 2/3 of the way there. Have you tried moving yourself into a LD at this point? How are you trying to WILD at this point? You may need to do this last step and possibly there is something a lot better you could be doing at this point to help you move into a LD.

Have you tried to enter one of the landscapes you saw? I suggest not to keep on just watching but try to take yourself into the dream. Do this by thinking of the landscape coming closer to you or you closer to it.. or try to look deeply into that landscape. Like as if searching for things. If you put your focus into it, you should find yourself within that landscape.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”