How to LD without induction/reality checks

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
dreamstudent

How to LD without induction/reality checks

Postby dreamstudent » 26 Sep 2014 03:49

The method involves firstly estimating when you go into REM more during your sleep cycle this can easily be done by trial and error of dreaming journal and writing down the times you go to bed and wake up. Eventually you can come up with a rough estimate of when you go into REM more-so. Thanks to superfly9 foe encouraging me to post this (he also uses this method).

After you have attained the times when you think you go into your REM cycle; for example my REM stage really kicks in towards the end of my 9 hours so probably from 6 hours of sleep to the 9th hour (3 total hours) of steady REM. I would set my alarm 6 hours after I went to bed and when I woke up that 6 hours later id simply add an hour to the alarm and go back to bed and repeat until my actual time I had to wake up. So in retrospect I gain awareness that I have woken up and can then more easily recognize that im dreaming. Generally for me it goes like this.. I wake up set alarm an hour later, (then im in a dream) "Oh shit I was just in my bed and now I'm on a cruise ship scuba diving". So that's generally how ive become lucid this last few years without reality checks or induction process. Although a reality check would greatly benefit this 'method' I guess you could call it.

I have always lucid dreamt without induction. Primarily because of my fear of the unknown, specifically, a phenomenon known as "the vibrations", this is a state in which some experience while going into sleep paralysis during the WILD induction process to attain lucidity (you feel like your vibrating or you hear a vibrating noise; the intenseness varies from person to person from my understanding).

Thankfully though to a lot of people on this forum and all you lucid dreamers out there for your support I believe now that my fear will be gotten over shortly! Thanks guys.

buildit

Re: How to LD without induction/reality checks

Postby buildit » 26 Sep 2014 04:14

Have fun! :D
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Sep 2014 12:09

Sounds like a good technique. Im sure that would work for me.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 13 Oct 2014 03:39

Yeah its a little less efficient than induction but still kinda works I suppose. Thanks

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”