WILD- changes with experience?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
TheFragile

WILD- changes with experience?

Postby TheFragile » 07 Feb 2015 15:03

Hello all, hope you are well. While I am new to this forum, I am not new to WILD.

WILD is something that seems to come pretty naturally to me, as the first time it happened I was not trying to do it. What an experience! I almost found that the hypnagogia that I experienced was more fascinating than the dream itself. It changed every time but always had similar characteristics. I always have auditory hallucinations, and I always feel vibrations, but sometimes I would see many colorful images, and sometimes I would just see white lines spiraling around me.

My question is that now that I have been doing this for quite some time, the hypnagogia has changed, it is almost gone. I don't experience any wild colorful images and often it is significantly shorter in length than it once was. I close my eyes and focus on the colors swirling as I am still awake, then I start to see strobe lights and that's when I know I am close to sleep. Then I am either directly in a dream or I have a 2 second hypnagogia.

Is this normal with experience? Has anyone else had this happen? I kind of miss it and I am just wondering if I will ever get it back.

taniaaust1

Re: WILD- changes with experience?

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Feb 2015 07:51

Ive never got much in the way of hypnagogia with my WILDs. I get hypngogia in only about every 5-10% of my WILDs or less.

Maybe you can create the effects you want in a LD? Anything can be experienced in a LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”