Losing control

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
TheFragile

Losing control

Postby TheFragile » 07 Feb 2015 15:06

Another question that I have, I seem to have had much more control in my lucid dreams when I was first starting out. Now that I have been lucid dreaming for months, my control and lucidity seems to be diminishing. I don't seem to have the ability to control as much as I did in the beginning, and my lucidity seems to be fading faster as well. Could this have anything to do with how tired I am?

I have been under a lot more stress than normal these days and I am wondering if this could be a reason. If not, I need to figure out what to do to get more control back.

astrovineyard

Re: Losing control

Postby astrovineyard » 25 Feb 2015 20:32

Sorry nobody has answered your question yet.

There are two types of losing control, and because of that I assumed incorrectly what you meant until I read your post. You seem to be ahead of me and are worried that you can't make things go as you'd like in your dream. But at least you are lucid! My version of losing control is being on the brink of lucidity, where one is in control and not afraid, to one where you lose control and things slip into a terrifying sleep paralysis episode that you then struggle to free yourself from.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Mar 2015 05:37

TheFragile wrote:Another question that I have, I seem to have had much more control in my lucid dreams when I was first starting out. Now that I have been lucid dreaming for months, my control and lucidity seems to be diminishing. I don't seem to have the ability to control as much as I did in the beginning, and my lucidity seems to be fading faster as well. Could this have anything to do with how tired I am?

I have been under a lot more stress than normal these days and I am wondering if this could be a reason. If not, I need to figure out what to do to get more control back.

I don't think anyone really has answered your question as we don't know, it could be anything doing that... or you just may be going through a bad patch with it. Being overly tired I suppose could affect your lucidity.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Mar 2015 09:19

have a go at firming up your senses when you first get lucid. When you start its a world of wonder and you look, touch and firm up you senses without realizing so next time focus on something. look and touch and feel so you get very connected to the space and then close your eyes and ask for something. A room, a door at tree whatever but ask and then open your eyes and expect to see something there.

I think you need to work on keeping the sharpness and connection to the dream.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”