Is it possible to WILD as soon as you go to bed?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Taiwan Jacko

Is it possible to WILD as soon as you go to bed?

Postby Taiwan Jacko » 31 May 2012 19:08

Alarm clocks wake me up fully and it's like I have insomnia for half the day. So I was wondering if you could WILD when your about to go to bed.
"One does not simply give up on Lucid Dreaming."- Me.

Peter

Re: Is it possible to WILD as soon as you go to bed?

Postby Peter » 31 May 2012 22:25

Sometimes I can but not as easily as in the early mornings so its possible yes
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 02 Jun 2012 19:57

As Peter said, you *can*, but it's just much more likely you'll fall asleep. You need to have a firm grasp on your conscious awareness as your body is falling asleep. You need that firm grasp so you don't lose consciousness... and this is very hard to do when you're normally going to bed to sleep.

The morning would seem to be the best time for practicing for "most" people. I meditate on the train going into work now-a-days, and I find that I'm much more able to keep focus and awake than on the train ride home that evening after a long day of work. LoL
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 03 Jun 2012 00:40

I have tried to WILD right after going to bed, but have not been successful. The experiences have been valuable, but I've also ruined what would have otherwise been a good night's sleep. Most of us have a limited amount of energy and patience so my advice is leave the first 5 hours of sleep alone and concentrate your efforts where you have the best chance of becoming lucid.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 03 Jun 2012 00:55

I try to WILD everytime I go to sleep or after I wake up and at the begining of the night it rarely works but in those times I get to sleep very quickly and get a restful sleep. There is a fine line between WILD and sleep and both are fine
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 05 Jun 2012 01:23

Peter wrote:I try to WILD everytime I go to sleep or after I wake up and at the begining of the night it rarely works but in those times I get to sleep very quickly and get a restful sleep. There is a fine line between WILD and sleep and both are fine

I will more than happily second that opinion. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 05 Jun 2012 01:35

Taiwan Jacko, yes it is. It is in fact my primary way of lucid dreaming. It's not just me either, the goal of both Tibetan (actually Indian Buddhist) dream yoga (milam) and the Hindu yoga-nidra is to be able to do this and enter the clear light to meditate while asleep. I can't really tell you how to do it, but can tell you what the mental state is like that I'm entering sleep consciously and retaining full consciousness while asleep.

The brain state is both more alert and much more pleasant than normal waking consciousness (the beta wave state. Because it's much more alert and has some of them same effects (cortical twitches and feeling something like the third eye) I think I'm in a gamma wave state, but the greater pleasantness and the fact the hynpnagogic images occur very quickly means I'm also in a theta wave state.

There are lots of people who can do the same thing, but most of them are yogis with no connection to lucid dream research and the researchers have been too stupid to find any and test them for their brain state while doing it. The chief reason I can do it is that I experienced a direct entry WILD that had a lucid dream session lasting all night (though terminated by a false awakening that I believed was real :oops:)) and just taught myself to re-enter the state I was in when it happened.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 07 Jun 2012 07:57

Snaggle wrote:Taiwan Jacko, yes it is. It is in fact my primary way of lucid dreaming. It's not just me either, the goal of both Tibetan (actually Indian Buddhist) dream yoga (milam) and the Hindu yoga-nidra is to be able to do this and enter the clear light to meditate while asleep. I can't really tell you how to do it, but can tell you what the mental state is like that I'm entering sleep consciously and retaining full consciousness while asleep.

The brain state is both more alert and much more pleasant than normal waking consciousness (the beta wave state. Because it's much more alert and has some of them same effects (cortical twitches and feeling something like the third eye) I think I'm in a gamma wave state, but the greater pleasantness and the fact the hynpnagogic images occur very quickly means I'm also in a theta wave state.

There are lots of people who can do the same thing, but most of them are yogis with no connection to lucid dream research and the researchers have been too stupid to find any and test them for their brain state while doing it. The chief reason I can do it is that I experienced a direct entry WILD that had a lucid dream session lasting all night (though terminated by a false awakening that I believed was real :oops:)) and just taught myself to re-enter the state I was in when it happened.

I wish you could just teach me everything haha. You know your stuff, good sir.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”