Weird light?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
cinnaluna

Weird light?

Postby cinnaluna » 23 Jun 2012 21:51

So I've been trying to use the WILD technique before I go to bed for the past few nights. I haven't been successful yet. I get to a point where my eyes start to get really twitchy and there are these flashes of bright white light near my Peripheral vision. My eyes get so twitchy it's almost hard to keep them closed so I usually just get frustrated and give up. I also get a weird sensation that my body is really light, or that there's something on top of me. Does anyone know what the light and the twitchiness is? Is it something I have to deal with? From what ive been reading about, I'm pretty sure it's not hypnagogia. I really want to experience lucid dreaming, but I just can't seem to get there.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Peter

Re: Weird light?

Postby Peter » 23 Jun 2012 23:49

Dont worry about what it is and what it is not. if you go in that direction you will start to analize each time you get these effects and you want to just observe without thougth. If it is a real barrier do something like roll over at that stage and imagine a dream scene and you might just fall into a lucid or get a DILD. Sounds like you are on the edge and trying for control rather that observing.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”