WILD technique

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
dagomez99

WILD technique

Postby dagomez99 » 11 Jun 2011 22:53

Hi everyone!

I just wanted advice in wild technique, because I've tried it like 3 times, the first one, was at like 2 in the morning, when I woke up naturally, and I wanted to try, I could get to sleep paralysis, but my heart raced and somewhat ruined my attempt. The second time, was in the afternoon, I was kind of sleepy so I decided to give it a shot, but the same happened, although i was able to control my excitement and managed to stay calm, but never saw hypnagogia, the third time was, again, in the afternoon, I tried to darken the room but it was sunny out there so the sun entered my window and was on my face, when I started doing it, I could feel sleep paralysis, I had my eyes closed, but because of the sun, i was seeing that kind of reddish tone you see with your eyes closed, this time I tried binaural beats (deep meditation) and I started feeling like in a beach (but couldn't see it) and started to hear seagulls and everything, but there was a moment when I started to feel like I was falling, I stayed calm to see what would happen next, but I fell and fell and fell, until I suddenly opened my eyes for no reason, looked at the clock, and what seemed to have been 15 minutes, were 2 hours, so I did a RC, but I was not in a dream.

I wanted to know if i'm doing it well, or what happened. While I didn't actually "see" hypnagogia, i think the falling sensation, and to feel the beach were another type of hypnagogia, and if so, how can i get the most out of it?

I know i'ts long, but, thanks a lot to the people taking the time to read it, btw this forum is awesome, congrats to Rebecca Turner and to all of it's members for making it possible.

Peter

Re: WILD technique

Postby Peter » 11 Jun 2011 23:09

there is no right or wrong just stuff that works and stuff that wont and even more confusing is that the same thing wont or might not work twice in a row.

Enjoy
Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

dagomez99

Postby dagomez99 » 13 Jun 2011 04:50

Thanks Peter, I'll be trying again soon, and will post my results.

dagomez99

Postby dagomez99 » 17 Jun 2011 03:04

Did it again and it got to feel the vibrations in my body, I knew it, i was having an wild, then, I started to "exit" my body, but the phone rang and bam, i woke up in my bed, confused, and couldn't move my eyes normally, shit happens. Haha just kidding, i'm happy I made it at least a few seconds, and I'm pumped up to try again.

SaraM2261

Postby SaraM2261 » 25 Jun 2011 22:22

Recently when trying to WILD I wake up, and the first sensation I can feel again is my heart racing. Maybe that is a sign that you are waking when trying to stay calm?? Other than that just keep trying!!! :) Good luck!

-Sara

PurpleDreams

Postby PurpleDreams » 26 Jun 2011 21:40

Remember that when you enter sleep paralysis you should try to imagine your dream surroundings. Think of the place that you want to find yourself in. If that doesn't work, then what I would do is just wait until the dream naturally starts. Good luck! ;)

dagomez99

Postby dagomez99 » 28 Jun 2011 16:46

I'm finally on break, and will be trying on the afternoons (I think that's the best time for me to try a WILD), I hope I can do it.
Thanks for the advice. Will be a good help.

Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Jun 2011 20:16

hope it goes well for you. Find a nice spot with the sun on your body and relax and feel the warmth and drift away with this feeling. If you capture the moment when you mind settles you are just about there. The worst that will happen is that you will drift off to sleep and thats no so bad
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

dagomez99

Postby dagomez99 » 29 Jun 2011 05:17

Yeah Peter, I do not worry about losing consciousness and falling asleep into a normal dream, because, after all, sleeping, and dreaming, is something so special, that even if it's not lucid, I will enjoy it, so "the worst" would be something good, and practice makes perfect, so I have nothing to lose. again thanks for the advice.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”