staying lucid

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Danielmata15

staying lucid

Postby Danielmata15 » 22 Jul 2012 18:28

i had my first lucid experience last night, since i gave up a month ago on lucid dreaming due to my sleep schedules i was shocked and didn't know what to do, my eyelids where really heavy, any advice to what to do when you gain lucidity so you dont lose it

P.S. sorry for the bad english

Ryan

Re: staying lucid

Postby Ryan » 23 Jul 2012 00:12

To stabilize and strengthen the experience you have to attempt to bring as much of your awareness into the environment as you can.

What I mean by this is use your 5 senses to REALLY explore your environment. Look at things in minute detail... smell the smells... taste stuff... feel things... hear things. Do this as much and as intensely as you can. This will bring your awareness into the reality you're experiencing and will LOCK it there.

What generally happens when we begin to wake up from an experience like this... the projector will begin to feel their physical reality body and they'll start to pickup on the sensory input from that physical body. What I explain above does it makes you ignore those physical senses and further heightens your non-physical senses which are already active in that reality. Eventually, this stops the physical senses altogether and leaves you nice and stable in the non-physical reality.

Think about what we do to "help" others stay awake in this reality. We shake them... we yell at them to stay awake... we use chemicals like smelling salts in order to bring their awareness "HERE".

What I said above is the same thing, except it's you doing it in the non-physical. How we do certain things in this physical reality can easily be shifted over into the non-physical for the same effects.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 26 Jul 2012 05:43

I like to start doing active stuff, I will start running and then start climbing, maybe start flying or something, this usually stablises the dream so I dont wake up. However, if you get too engrossed in what you are doing it will become just a vivid dream where you have control, but forget you are dreaming.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 26 Jul 2012 19:25

The methods I use include:
Falling backwards, spinning, shouting "STABILISE NOW!" and rubbing my hands together.
:)

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
jamjam

Randoman

Postby Randoman » 08 Aug 2012 20:51

spinning helps me a lot when the dream is realy unstable

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”