Improved dream recall and vividness with oscillating brown noise

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.

The effects of playing oscillating brown noise while I slept was:

Improved Dream Recall
33%
Reduced Dream Recall
No votes
No Effect on Dream Recall
No votes
Improved Lucidity
No votes
Reduced Lucidity
No votes
No Effect on Lucidity
33%
Improved Sleep Quality
33%
Reduced Sleep Quality
No votes
No Effect on Sleep Quality
No votes
I've decided not to try this
No votes

Total votes: 3

aresrin

Improved dream recall and vividness with oscillating brown noise

Postby aresrin » 22 Jan 2018 00:07

I recently saw a TED talk about improving the quality of Deep Sleep using oscillating background noise. Since I have been having trouble with insomnia recently I decided to look around for similar oscillating sounds and play them in the background when I slept to see what effect they had.

I found this video of oscillating brown noise, downloaded it from youtube, and played it on repeat quietly through my phone speaker all night while I slept. While it did help my insomnia a bit, the bigger effect was that it drastically improved both my dream recall and the vividness of those dreams. I've been using it for a couple weeks now and have found that I can always remember at least one dream in vivid detail every night I use it.

I have no idea what mechanism might be causing this, but I'm curious to see if it has the same effect for others.

If you decide to give it a try, please add your votes to the poll so we can determine if these effects are repeatable. You can vote 3 times in the poll, once for each of the categories of Dream Recall, Lucidity, and Sleep Quality. You can also change your votes later if the effects change over time.

I hope this was helpful, sweet dreams everyone.

TED Talk: https://youtu.be/1U2qMRGihGg

Oscillating Brown Noise: https://youtu.be/1I4O4FS2QbI

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”