Need Help With Reality Check

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Notoriou

Need Help With Reality Check

Postby Notoriou » 07 Aug 2012 22:39

Okay, so I need help getting a reality check, I know that a reality check should be based on something that you see in a dream and that transfers to real life, but the problem is; in pretty much all of my dreams I am in places that don't actually exist. For example I dreamed that I was at a school training to go into the medical field, but I have never been to this school or any building that looks remotely similar(nor do I plan to go into the medical field). Another time I was in a large city that I had never been in before(I don't travel that much).

So, the best thing I can think of for a trigger of a reality check would be every time I wind up in a new place in a dream, I can never remember the actual transition occurring, but I don't know how I can use that as a trigger in my waking life...

I have tried putting a symbol on an obvious part of my hands but I never seem to look for it in my dreams.

Any suggestions?

Ryan

Re: Need Help With Reality Check

Postby Ryan » 08 Aug 2012 03:36

Notoriou wrote:Okay, so I need help getting a reality check, I know that a reality check should be based on something that you see in a dream and that transfers to real life, but the problem is; in pretty much all of my dreams I am in places that don't actually exist. For example I dreamed that I was at a school training to go into the medical field, but I have never been to this school or any building that looks remotely similar(nor do I plan to go into the medical field). Another time I was in a large city that I had never been in before(I don't travel that much).

So, the best thing I can think of for a trigger of a reality check would be every time I wind up in a new place in a dream, I can never remember the actual transition occurring, but I don't know how I can use that as a trigger in my waking life...

I have tried putting a symbol on an obvious part of my hands but I never seem to look for it in my dreams.

Any suggestions?

Whatever you do, make sure you do it for several *WEEKS* at the bare minimum before you give up on it. Anything less and you're not giving yourself time to acclimate to it.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”