mediation bores me.

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Jack Reacher

Re: mediation bores me.

Postby Jack Reacher » 23 Aug 2012 03:31

Oh so you can get into that state with meditation? Never knew that, I always got into that state accidentaly with WILDS or by taking strange drugs within dreams.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Aug 2012 15:22

The best meditation is when you sit and do nothing and expect nothing and just let go. If you get bored doing that then you have a long way to go.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

blazing

Postby blazing » 23 Aug 2012 15:47

Ryan wrote:
Lucid Dreamer wrote:all in the title. meditation just plain bores me! it is not that i can not focus, it is just that it absolutely bores me! my mind gets bored. are there any techniques that yall use to make it less boring?

Thanks so much!

What exactly are you trying to do when you meditate?

There are two kinds of meditations: Active and Passive.

You're probably trying a passive meditation, whereby you focus upon one thing in an effort to clear your mind of all surface thoughts?

Try an active meditation instead. With an active meditation you focus upon creating a scene and running through that scene in as much vividness and realism as you can muster.

Both have the same end goals... but approach that goal differently.

If you're still bored after that, then you're seriously not "getting" what meditation is about.
If I had the time, I could sit meditating for hours... there's a special feeling about being alone with your consciousness.

It bores me too :/

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 25 Aug 2012 01:45

well thanks guys.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Lavendula

Postby Lavendula » 25 Aug 2012 03:11

Passive meditation bores me too and the only scene worth daydreaming about is completely unrelated to lucid dreams at all and I would hate to end up in that world as part of a dream.
Instead, I focus my brain by doing little mental challenges. I will try to list 50 countries and by then, my mind is completely focused on the subject and my body is relaxed.
I used to do this even before I knew about meditation and lucid dreaming as it helps me get to sleep.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
If you fall for your reflection you will drown in a dream

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 25 Aug 2012 17:10

thanks lavendula. i will try that next time.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 01 Sep 2012 06:16

You guys need to then focus on whatever excites you. If you're actually still interested in meditation, then you should aim to find one that you don't find boring.

If you still can't find one... then give it a few years and then come back to it, see if it becomes your "cup of tea". :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”