Visualization

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
alppdcjr12

Re: Visualization

Postby alppdcjr12 » 21 Sep 2012 16:53

Seems like this has been explained pretty well, but here are a few more tips:

1) Visualize during the day - prepares your mind to create at night, and it's fun!
2) Be mindful during the day. Pay attention to how stable, real, and vivid the waking world is, and your mind will get better at projecting that stability onto your conscious experience during sleep.

Good luck! :D
"Life is that which dreams are made on, and is rounded by a sleep."
-Prospero, Shakespeare's "The Tempest"
Check out my lucid dreaming blog: www.rememberawake.com

Notoriou

Re: Visualization

Postby Notoriou » 22 Sep 2012 04:23

alppdcjr12 wrote:Seems like this has been explained pretty well, but here are a few more tips:

1) Visualize during the day - prepares your mind to create at night, and it's fun!
2) Be mindful during the day. Pay attention to how stable, real, and vivid the waking world is, and your mind will get better at projecting that stability onto your conscious experience during sleep.

Good luck! :D

Thanks for the tips, I will try that.

One thing that caught my attention was #2, I live in my head, I do observe, but not mindfully. It's difficult to explain properly but, I have caught myself taking in detail, but never purposefully and it never seems to last... And when I try to observe like you say, I just end up feeling overwhelmed. I think a good way to explain it would be something along the lines of I have subconscious ADD and conscious overload. I don't really think this helps, but I'm right brained and tend to see the big picture over little details, so my visualized places are to say the least, vague...

One more question(it would seem if have about 10 "last questions"), would it be a good idea to induce a false awakening from a WILD by creating your room as the dream scene and go from there? Because that sounds easier than a completely new uncertain dreamscape.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”