Dream self stopping myself from dreaming?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.

Dream self stopping myself from dreaming?

Postby dedidreamer » 07 Nov 2012 15:23

So last night I had a dream (non lucid, I have only been lucid once a month ago but it was partial lucidity and lasted a second) but in my dream my mom and I were trying to obtain lucidity by meditating and I would feel something like the WILD technique(which I can remember the feeling, and I can never remember what my dreams feel like) it felt like someone was piling my legs and my brain went all fuzzy but in my dream I was scared to go lucid so I would start screaming to not become lucid.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Re: Dream self stopping myself from dreaming?

Postby Ryan » 08 Nov 2012 05:37

That was you falling victim to 'fear'. You'll need to get that solved eventually.

Remember, KNOW you're safe... and you will be. Don't "believe" it... *KNOW* it. :)

If you need to use a 'tool' in order to feel safe before, during or after you practice... then do so. Tools include stuff like casting a circle... using white light... saying a prayer... these are all "tools" which you use in order to focus your Intent towards a certain goal, such as "being safe". :)
For more information, please visit my website
Or join my forums!

Re: Dream self stopping myself from dreaming?

Postby KylePK » 10 Nov 2012 08:05

I have the same issue, but during waking WILD attempts, while I'm trying to induce a lucid dream before bed. I don't scream or anything but right at the climax of vibrations and whatnot my mind panics for a brief moment and I fall back to bodily awareness.

I meditated on it and I too suspect that fear is the culprit. However conquering this fear and ensuring success has not been easy.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”