Dream Memory

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Notoriou

Dream Memory

Postby Notoriou » 31 Dec 2012 09:23

I have been recording what I can remember from my dreams for about a month now, and my problem is, my dream memory doesn't seem to be getting any better. I don't know if I'm just not waiting long enough before expecting results or something, but that's one of my questions.

Questions:

1) Am I just expecting results too soon?

2) Is there anything i could do to help improve my dream memory more quickly?

3) If you have/had a dream journal, how long did it take you to get noticeable results?

Thanks for reading and hope you reply.

Mystery106

Re: Dream Memory

Postby Mystery106 » 14 Jan 2013 16:20

Well for me results were pretty fast. After about a week I remembered my dreams easier. After several weeks I could remember every dream every night. Before I go to sleep while in bed I tell myself "I will remember my dream" repeatedly until I go to sleep. I think that you should try to not worry about results and just focus on the thought that you WILL remember your dream. I hope this helps

[ Post made via Android ] Image

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 15 Jan 2013 04:13

How many dreams do you recall, and how long are the segments recalled? I dont have great recall personally, but do usually recall at least one part of a dream each night. Key is awakening after your dreams.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

lumencryster

Postby lumencryster » 15 Jan 2013 05:37

1) Am I just expecting results too soon?
i think the mistake you made is that you expected results. i think it would be easier and more helpful to just write your dreams down for the fun of it. i'm not saying that you're not going for results, but attitude is the most important part when it comes to dreaming.

2) Is there anything i could do to help improve my dream memory more quickly?
relax! seriously that's all you have to do. just write down every part of your dream you remember in the morning everyday. i'm sure they're other things, supplements, neat little tricks, or something else i can't offer, but seriously, relax ;)

3) If you have/had a dream journal, how long did it take you to get noticeable results?
i started about last September. it did not take long at all before i could tell i had improved dream recall, maybe a week or two.

Thanks for reading and hope you reply.
you're welcome :) hope i offered some help.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”