Experiments with managing WILD entry point

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
lucidinthe sky

Re: Experiments with managing WILD entry point

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Dec 2013 18:20

Had another session of WILD entry after 8 hours of sleep. I was ready to give up, but stuck it out a little longer and it was well worth it. I found it very easy to WILD at that point after that much sleep. Had 2 fairly short LDs even though the dreams were not as stable as some and difficult to extend. But still, it is very useful as practice, you can really just go in and out of the lucid dream state directly, pretty much at will and really work on the technique and watch the stages of entry. I would recommend trying this for those who are struggling with WILD.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Dec 2013 08:57

Good work, sometimes it is that easy and at others just cant get there or for me anyway. It feels like something will only work once and then needs to be just a little different each time but in fact maybe I am not doing exactly the same thing each time.

I had an early evening WILD a few days back, they are rare for me and followed up with a set of morning dreams in full daylight. Would be great to do those at will and all totally without any aids
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Dec 2013 17:43

Peter wrote:Good work, sometimes it is that easy and at others just cant get there or for me anyway. It feels like something will only work once and then needs to be just a little different each time but in fact maybe I am not doing exactly the same thing each time.

I had an early evening WILD a few days back, they are rare for me and followed up with a set of morning dreams in full daylight. Would be great to do those at will and all totally without any aids

Great! An early evening WILD is rare for anyone. If there is anything you did differently that you can put your finger on, please let us know. When things go right it often seems easy, but then trying to repeat the same thing is difficult because you don't what exactly you did to make it easy. It seems to me that everything we do in lucid dreaming is easy if we do it right, it's just that doing it right is what is difficult.

I did learn something in my last WILD session. I did see the relationship with my mental state then and the mental state after supplements, they were pretty much identical. It's easier to get that state with supplements, but it ends up being the same place you are getting too, at least that's what I'm seeing. The experience was like riding along the edge, being able to be switch back and forth between conscious waking state and conscious dreams state at will and being aware of the dream creating function going on, but not able to control the content. Very interesting to just hang out there and observe. The only problem I had is that the dreams were not deep enough sometimes at that point so I'm hoping to get there a bit earlier.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Dec 2013 07:17

Great! An early evening WILD is rare for anyone. If there is anything you did differently that you can put your finger on, please let us know

Yes, I had driven about 9 hours and was exhausted and that would be what helped. It was like an afternoon nap more than going to sleep at night and as I relaxed I had a warmth flood over me and fully expected to get lucid as I know that feeling well.

The contradiction is that either be rested so you can stay awake while going to sleep or be exhausted physically and get to sleep that fast you mind wont keep up.

With supps it a fine line and here and then there is easy with full immersion just an act of will away. The letting go is hardest, that total submission to the dream or from nothing to something that takes you. One time I was on the edge with some HI but no form or shape and then on my road bike (pedal power) and going crazy fast down a hill. It freaked me and I popped out, got angry and went right back and rode my bike like a world champ down this hill and then off to another dream.

I cant predict the strength of change or even if I can get lucid. I tried 3 times for a study in the past weeks and was lucid between attempts but not on the nights I needed. Annoying but does not bother me but for the researchers I wish I could have completed
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Jan 2014 06:43

lucidinthe sky wrote:Had another session of WILD entry after 8 hours of sleep. I was ready to give up, but stuck it out a little longer and it was well worth it. I found it very easy to WILD at that point after that much sleep. Had 2 fairly short LDs even though the dreams were not as stable as some and difficult to extend. But still, it is very useful as practice, you can really just go in and out of the lucid dream state directly, pretty much at will and really work on the technique and watch the stages of entry. I would recommend trying this for those who are struggling with WILD.

Nods.. I find the same... easy after 8hrs sleep (as long as one tries it immediately on waking and dont allow oneself to wake up too much) but on the other hand the LDs are shorter eg 5-15mins.. and yeah great for practicing going in and out and back into LD states and for practicing stabilization. Sometimes I can do go in and out of the LDs up to 4-5 times (I think my record was 6-7 times)

It is quite possible to in just 5-10 mins.. to have a quite interesting LD. With mine I never know where I'll end up unless Im trying to get back into the same dream I just left. It can be fun just seeing where one is going to end up in a dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”