Experiments with managing WILD entry point

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Peter

Re: Experiments with managing WILD entry point

Postby Peter » 24 Jan 2013 20:16

cool - if you can get to the HI state then the dreams will flow. They have to happen and then the next step is to seed the dreams at the correct time and the snap to the dream state will be controlled and wont knock you back out due to some surprise like big round eyes an inch away looking at you....LOL
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 24 Jan 2013 22:30

lucidinthe sky wrote: I can say that the mechanism by which the dream scenes are created seems to be more accessible to me although they are completely ramdom scenes that appear. It's really quite amazing though.

I don't think there is any way to influence the nature of dream scenes initially. To me that seems to contradict the meditative and open state of mind required to induce them.
Dreaming is my drug

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Jan 2013 01:27

torakrubik wrote:I don't think there is any way to influence the nature of dream scenes initially. To me that seems to contradict the meditative and open state of mind required to induce them.

That's been my experience. They really seem to have a mind of their own and a very creative one at that. I couldn't even have imagined some of the scenes that just pop up out nowhere. Of course they are coming form inside us (or at least this is what we think). Sometimes wonder if we are tapping into some sort of experience database located somewhere, and we just load in the instructions into the dream making aparatus.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 25 Jan 2013 04:04

I don't think there is any way to influence the nature of dream scenes initially.

I think that you can influence the dream or the entry but it needs to be done before or as part of the relaxing process. I have done it a few times what normally happens is that you are in a scene straight away with the intent in mind, this is great if you miss the WILD as an instant later you have the intention come to you. I find that a goal helps to stabilize the mind and therefore the dream
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Jan 2013 23:08

Peter wrote: I think that you can influence the dream or the entry but it needs to be done before or as part of the relaxing process. I have done it a few times what normally happens is that you are in a scene straight away with the intent in mind, this is great if you miss the WILD as an instant later you have the intention come to you. I find that a goal helps to stabilize the mind and therefore the dream

I had partial success at this last night. My idea was to have a dream scene, at the beach and started with that. Went through HI super quickly and lost awareness momentarily. I was at a restaurant somewhere with my spouse and thought to do an RC. Looked at my hands and they really looked too perfect for a dream so I looked once or twice more and perfect again, but one finger missing. Asked to be "excused" so I could take a walk somewhere, although I didn't plan on returning. I'm always courteous and respectful to DCs, usually because everything is so DAMN REAL, and just don't know any other way to behave. In fact I had to do RCs continously because it was so hard for me to except that it was a dream. Had a major scene change at some point and was at the beach although the water was not visible, the coast of California has very specific types of vegetation and sand dunes that gave me the indication that it was the beach. Here's where the sensory input discussion comes back. I had enough information to believe I was at the beach but no more than that. So I'm hiking on a trail with some DCs and I just had to stop and get on the ground touching the dirt, blades of grass, plants, sticks, everything. Just marvelling at it. Can just imagine how my face looked, this expression of disbelief. By the way the DCs are looking me they think I'm on some drugs or tripping (well yes, in a way they were right) But I explained to them that, no don't worry, I'm not on drugs. Continued to another place where there was a metal spiralling staircase which broke with this group of DCs on it with me so that some of us had to go back. Told the DC in front of me that I knew I had dreamed earlier of him and that this was going to happen. Then a false awakening back at the beach trail, woke up in a sleeping bag next to my spouse's. They were all wet on the outside from the humid coastal air. The lucid dream lost me at that point and I woke up. Nice experience and so real there was always doubt the whole time. But then I really love that aspect of lucid dreaming, never allowing myself to completely believe it isn't real.
Last edited by lucidinthe sky on 26 Jan 2013 05:27, edited 1 time in total.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 25 Jan 2013 23:55

Good effort and result. I needed to relax last night so had a decent lucid this morning and for the first bit just floated bodyless in a nice space. All I had was an awareness of slowly turning and floating in a nice calmness.

As for reality I am the same. The dreams are as real as daily life but I know they are dreams and that distinction when I am lucid is fine and I stop questioning when I have awareness and do what I intend for the night. There are times when I cant tell and need to do some serious RC to establish if I am dreaming or not.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Jan 2013 06:41

Peter wrote:Good effort and result. I needed to relax last night so had a decent lucid this morning and for the first bit just floated bodyless in a nice space. All I had was an awareness of slowly turning and floating in a nice calmness.

I also experience this and mentioned it somehwere in this or another post. It's like a combination of, or one of the following: falling, floating and flying. Recently it was accompanied by very beautiful music which added even more to the experience. This experience is possible to make happen if you want it, I've done it but want to do it more. I think it's a very natural state actually. It's a fantastic feeling for me, like a state of pure existence.

Peter wrote: As for reality I am the same. The dreams are as real as daily life but I know they are dreams and that distinction when I am lucid is fine and I stop questioning when I have awareness and do what I intend for the night. There are times when I cant tell and need to do some serious RC to establish if I am dreaming or not.

I also know it's a dream, but think I can uses my "senses" in the normal manner to make the determination concerning what is "reality". My senses gather information and report back that everything is normal, therefore it must be real life. So there is feeling of complete awe, knowing on the one hand that it's a dream, but every indication is normal, real life. To me, that special feeling you get from this "dream reality experience" is one of the most amazing aspects of lucid dreaming. It's one of the highest feelings I've ever had in my life.

Peter

Postby Peter » 26 Jan 2013 11:12

It's a fantastic feeling for me, like a state of pure existence.

That captures it nicely, its not so hard to capture and if I want it I either make in an intent before the dream or say that I will enter the void and normally go through a mirror to the nothingness that is everything and there I am :D

To me, that special feeling you get from this "dream reality experience" is one of the most amazing aspects of lucid dreaming. It's one of the highest feelings I've ever had in my life.

Again yes, its feels like an enhancement of all senses like they are up a few notches and the little bit of distance that allows up to bask in the feelings that is so great.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Feb 2013 23:03

I'm trying exclusively to do the entry where I get the visuals of the dream scene, then walk through the invisible curtain into the 3 dimensional dream world without losing awareness. To me this the ultimate entry and I hope to perfect it. So far, it's been pretty rare. Got close this morning, dreaming already but sure I was awake. I remember thinking: Almost made it, I was just dreaming and missed it, darn. I'm awake now though. I check everything out around and convince myself (without doing an RC :cry:). Have to try again. Turns out I was still dreaming.

Reminds of inception, that 2 level down experience. Dreaming that you are dreaming, then dreaming that you woke up from that dream. This stuff gets pretty weird sometimes :)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Feb 2013 04:14

I lucked out this morning too and the last few days only have had only a couple of very brief LDs cause I keep dropping out as Im catching the LD very early and it takes time to get all my physical senses in them and stabilize it eg ts so easy to drop out of an LD if one hasnt got things like ones sight there yet (which often happens to me).

With yesterdays LD I thought if I tried speaking the the DC maybe I could use talking to DC to hold me there.. but it failed thou may have worked if the DC hadnt choosen to ignore me!! (They so like to do that).

I'll share yesterdays very brief LD (cutting and pasting it from my dream journal).

"I suddenly enter a LD from a wake state as in a daydream state as Im still aware of my physical body on the bed, which I can feel myself in while at the same time Im dreaming and experiencing this... Im outside the front of a house (I think I was sitting in a car on the side of the road and the house may of been my house). The front yard of this house is like a grave yard with burial mounds all over the yard. A tall, thin, strange looking guy walks passed me and into the front yards burial mound setting.. (wanting to do the dream character challenges) I yell out "Who are you?" The strange guy turns and looks at me briefy but continues walking, a second guy with a similar build, goes by following the first guy.

Im uncomfortable right throu this dream as I can feel the way my head is on my hands and my neck isnt comfortable. This discomfort ends up pulling me out of the LD and I loose it due to the attention on my physical body too much.

Note to myself.. use a pillow next time and dont try to go doing this while laying at odd angles with a twisted neck. I fell asleep last time I tried to LD so with this one purposely didnt use a pillow to be slightly uncomfortable with the idea of that stopping me from just falling asleep but instead.. I think being uncomfortable was just one big LD distraction.."

Anyway.. the big thing Im working currently on is strengthening my entry or learning to stabilise it faster. Is anyone else here doing their LDs from an awake body state? and then trying to maintain the dream when the body isnt asleep? Its being a battle for me to stabilize while I still have body awareness or all my physical senses havent transfered over to the dream yet.

I personally believe the dreams are always there.. just our subconsciousness which never stops being active..but its just our awareness which isnt. So to me its a matter of connecting with what the subconciousness is running at the time...and naturally entering into that. (unless one "programs" the dream which one wants to be running when one enters). I currently arent trying to enter into anything as entry is so natural anyway... the staying thou. I'll keep working on it.

A long time ago when I used to do different things to LD eg let myself go to sleep to have one or WBTB and then go back to "sleep" and LD.. it was the becoming lucid while in a dream which was harder doing that (I was only having up to 5 a week when I was at my best) but as I was more fully there so didnt have any issues with stabilization (or it was rare ..once i got over that beginners excitment stage everyone goes throu), so could stay 30-50mins in a LD.

With the method Im using now.. its fairly easy for me to get into a LD at will so my capacity to have them is increased but its hard to get to the stabilization point which is easier to work from. It seems the different methods present very different issues.

My ideal LD state would be just be able to shift to a LD or an OBE state at will, no break in consciousness (well that one part Ive got ok), any time, anywhere... no matter what one was doing at time. I'll keep working towards this, I know it can be done. I want full time dual consciousness. haha Im not asking for too much are I. I've got a lot of practicing I need to do!!
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”