Odd question for the experienced LDers

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
taniaaust1

Odd question for the experienced LDers

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Feb 2013 13:41

Ive always hated doing reality checking (BORING!!) .. so never tended to that much (Ive got no patience), hence why I think reality checking happening in dreams was always complete failure for me. So I taught myself to LD regularly without it. (When I thou get in a dream I wasnt sure about.. they often used to fail on me anyway, with things still looking normal but I do now want to give this another go).

Anyway Im now wanting to remember more of my LDs when Im deeply asleep in the middle of the night rather then just the WILDs Im doin now (I dont find they need any reality checking as I know when Im in them.) So here's my question if anyone has done this and compared.

If I started doing reality checks in my LDs, to program my mind to do it in my other dreams (my non WILD ones).. would that be just as efficient on the same level as I doing reality checking when awake? or maybe more efficient?? could it send a stronger message to the subconsciousness to do this in dreams if done from LDs state, being one is more connected to the subconsciousness in that state? or may it be less efficient then someone just doing reality checks when awake?

(I hope I havent confused anyone with what im waiting to know.. I dont need the reality checks in my WILDs but rather want to use my WILDs to trigger myself to became lucid when Im not doing WILD and what to know what state is more effecient when it comes to programming the dream mind. If so why? (Im not wanting any guess answers but answers from anyone who's experimented with this).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidkennedy

Re: Odd question for the experienced LDers

Postby lucidkennedy » 14 Feb 2013 12:57

hello,
Fortunetly ui think that i have an answer for you. well just like in your LDs reality checks are far more effective when you do them in a waking state during the day, simply look at your hands close your eyes then loook at them again then immediately rub your hands together. i had a similar problem i think. It was to the point were almost or everynight i would have a vivid dream (not lucid) and found it hard to actually become lucid until i started looking at my hands frequently during the day, then for some reason in my dream i ask my self is this real? and look at my hands for an answer. then i smile and start to fly... of course this may take time but, you gotta sleep every night so why not try it?

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 15 Feb 2013 04:17

taniaaust1 wrote:If I started doing reality checks in my LDs, to program my mind to do it in my other dreams (my non WILD ones).. would that be just as efficient on the same level as I doing reality checking when awake? or maybe more efficient?? could it send a stronger message to the subconsciousness to do this in dreams if done from LDs state, being one is more connected to the subconsciousness in that state? or may it be less efficient then someone just doing reality checks when awake?

Well, honestly? You state above that you have "always hated doing reality checks"... you've placed such an Intent with this statement that I don't think reality checks are really ever going to work for you regularly. You don't have the desire for them to work.

I'm not sure what doing a reality check in a lucid awareness experience would do for you honestly... you do them in order to realize that you're non-physical, but at that point you'd already be non-physical, so it might be self-defeating?

Well, ya know what they say? Give it a shot and report back. ;)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Feb 2013 05:25

Ryan wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:If I started doing reality checks in my LDs, to program my mind to do it in my other dreams (my non WILD ones).. would that be just as efficient on the same level as I doing reality checking when awake? or maybe more efficient?? could it send a stronger message to the subconsciousness to do this in dreams if done from LDs state, being one is more connected to the subconsciousness in that state? or may it be less efficient then someone just doing reality checks when awake?

Well, honestly? You state above that you have "always hated doing reality checks"... you've placed such an Intent with this statement that I don't think reality checks are really ever going to work for you regularly. You don't have the desire for them to work.

yeah I think you've understood.. and I hate them even more and putting effort into them as they sooo often used to fail for me anyway. (thou that is a painting i did of what my hands have looked like during a LD in my Avatar).
Hence I need my reality checks to be exciting... they are more likely to be exciting if I do them in LDs .. hey I may even come to like the reality checking then.

I'm not sure what doing a reality check in a lucid awareness experience would do for you honestly... you do them in order to realize that you're non-physical, but at that point you'd already be non-physical, so it might be self-defeating?

I dont plan to be doing them in a lucid dream where i know Im lucid to find out if Im lucid or not as I know I are as yeah as you said that would be pointless to do for THAT reason. Im rather want to use the lucid state to do my LD programming for other dreams instead of using the wake state to do so. Why??? cause its boring doing reality checking in RL..so I'd rather just program myself to do it in dreams and hopefully have that flow onto into the non lucid dreams and having it make me those other ones go lucid.

Yes I will report back at some point to share if programming ones waking mind (as its the waking mind there in a LD, just as waking mind is there when awake) in LD state is just as efficient as doing so in real life state?. I still do wonder if it could be more so as you may be giving it the idea more directly.. unless anyone has actually experimented comparing.. we wont know.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Feb 2013 05:41

lucidkennedy wrote:hello,
Fortunetly ui think that i have an answer for you. well just like in your LDs reality checks are far more effective when you do them in a waking state during the day, simply look at your hands close your eyes then loook at them again then immediately rub your hands together. i had a similar problem i think. It was to the point were almost or everynight i would have a vivid dream (not lucid) and found it hard to actually become lucid until i started looking at my hands frequently during the day, then for some reason in my dream i ask my self is this real? and look at my hands for an answer. then i smile and start to fly... of course this may take time but, you gotta sleep every night so why not try it?

Thanks for the response but I think my question went over your head a little bit..sorry if I confused. Its not a case of me having vivid dreams at all.. its a case of me not having LDs unless Im WILDing (at which I then can LD 50% of the time, I do so about every second day). I dont have issues getting into LDs like that, so Im wanting to work from the WILD LDs to try to program into other states, instead of working from the waking state as I have the option here to do it from the LDs. So was wanting to know how those two states compare from doing it from.

Have you tried to do dream programming from full 100% lucid dream LD states to know how it compares to dream programming from normal RL waking state? (which to me carries exactly the same lucidity as my LDs).

just like in your LDs reality checks are far more effective when you do them in a waking state during the day,
Mine aint at all effective with the programming from the waking state (I'd think partly cause Im anti reality checks cause of how I feel about them) and hence why Im considering the effects of doing things this other way, more so from the LDs I get themselves instead of waking states during the day.

I dont think it should matter from what kind of waking state we are doing our programming from.. all it would mean is that I would be doing completely opposite to what every one else does (haha something which isnt unusual for me). While sending a strong message to my subconcious that "hey these reality checks are important to me even if I dont do then in RL waking life"... if its listening (which it always does as our subconciousness never leaves) it should flow into the no lucid other dreams. Well that's my theory of what "should" occur. I cant currently think of a reason why that wouldnt happen esp if Im enjoying the reality checks as more exciting in dreams doing them as one can really get some interesting results (I personally like to use many different forms of reality checking which keeps things interesting, not just a few).

I think its quite important when working with LD stuff that you are enjoying what you are doing so things work easier and flow.. otherwise you are working against yourself and setting yourself up for.. or programming oneself for failure. If a method arent workin.. a person needs to find a different method which will.

R99

Postby R99 » 22 Feb 2013 14:33

just few words- ME TOO, i hate reality checks. am not using it any more. but am using my own method. its like test ur state. i only ask myself 4 questions. WHERE AM I? WHAT WAS I DOING? WHAT AM I DOING? WHAT I AM GOING TO DO? (sorry for the grammar :? u got the point) then i look around. thats it. if u get the correct answer for this u r awake. if u have confusion u r dreaming.
I see the Truth now.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Feb 2013 03:11

R99 wrote:just few words- ME TOO, i hate reality checks. am not using it any more. but am using my own method. its like test ur state. i only ask myself 4 questions. WHERE AM I? WHAT WAS I DOING? WHAT AM I DOING? WHAT I AM GOING TO DO? (sorry for the grammar :? u got the point) then i look around. thats it. if u get the correct answer for this u r awake. if u have confusion u r dreaming.

Thanks.. that sounds like a great check. I like the sound of that one and it does sound like it would be quite effective.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 24 Feb 2013 03:16

Yeah, I'll just chime in and say that I've always hated reality checks. Mostly because I'm super lazy. LoL
I can never remember to do them with any consistency.

I did have a nice app on my phone a while back which was a timer with an alarm that would go off ever so often to remind me to do it. Worked well for a while.

I was also working on my own app with certain settings to randomize the timer and too add custom sounds to it as well... never really finished it though. LOL
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Feb 2013 04:30

Ryan wrote:Yeah, I'll just chime in and say that I've always hated reality checks. Mostly because I'm super lazy. LoL

lol we just want it to all be fun.. no work involved. :lol: Go get out in LDs... have LD parties each night and do everything else we want.. no work.

Now why cant it be that easy!! I do thou really think there are ways more suitable for some then others and that doing this stuff shouldnt have to be unfun and hard work.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”