Accidentally learned another way to induce HI

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
lucidinthe sky

Accidentally learned another way to induce HI

Postby lucidinthe sky » 14 Mar 2013 16:28

Accidentally found another way to induce HI. I was in bed trying to WILD and was thinking of something, but didn't have the exact word like when you can't remember someone's name. I kept trying to find the word and went straight into HI. Tied it again later and just pretended I didn't know the word and that worked to.

Would like to know if anyone has used this and not give it a try and let us know
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Re: Accidentally learned another way to induce HI

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 06:35

Sounds interesting.

Maybe its working as by doing this you are holding like a single concentrated thought, so clearing your mind more. Like meditating on a candle flame would do to clear ones mind.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 15 Mar 2013 15:46

Here's the test. Next time you can not think of someone's name wait until you are in bed doing WILD and try it then. See if that starts HI going.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Luna4277

Postby Luna4277 » 31 Jul 2013 20:07

Can you be a little more specific about what kind of hypnagogia you are inducing? You see, I can't seem to go through hypnagogia anymore and I'd like some help. Originally it was really frightening stuff like strange sounds, feelings of falling, and the eerie voices so I was afraid and said i never wanted to go through it again. But now that I kind of want hypnagogia due to my lucid dream experiment, all I'm getting are simple lights and geometric patterns on the back of my eyelids. I want the feeling of falling back because it seems like it would be easier to get a WILD from that. What kind of HI are you getting from this trick you've found? :o

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”