Reality Checks

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
DreamerMan99

Reality Checks

Postby DreamerMan99 » 28 Mar 2013 22:04

Hey guys,

What reality checks do you frequently use?

I mostly look at my hands, try to push my finger through my hand, and breathe through my nose while holding it. Also, I use an app called "Dreamer" and it sends you a notification every 15 - 120 minutes (customizer) That says "Do A Check" For those of you who aren't too good at remembering RC I recommend this app.
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

DeltaV

Re: Reality Checks

Postby DeltaV » 28 Mar 2013 22:31

I personally go with checking my hands along with pushing my fingers against the palm of my hand. I then check my surroundings, either for anything weird (where am I, have I been here before, what am I doing here anyway) or for clocks or text or mirrors.
I have also exploited my tendecy to have tics, by turning reality checks into one. I check a LOT of times, I might in fact be overdoing it.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

tea

Postby tea » 29 Mar 2013 09:27

my reality checking usually looks like this:

i try to imagine this is a dream right now, try to feel how it would feel like realizing it. then i check if i can push my finger through my palm and afterwards i also try wiping off my tattoo.
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Lisecila

Postby Lisecila » 29 Mar 2013 14:10

I start with thinking: "Am I awake, or is this a dream?" Then I try to push my finger through the nearest solid object. I finish with looking at the palms of my hands, while counting my fingers. :)
My Lucid art and more (both in Norwegian and English) : http://nattkinomaskinisten.blogspot.no/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Mar 2013 04:19

Im not really tending to use them. I usually just WILD into a dream or just spontanously become aware and just "KNOW" im dreaming (I guess if I was doing reality checking I'd be having LDs more often then I are right now).

Looking at the hands thou Ive found can work for me.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 04 Apr 2013 11:20

Me
My reality check are: 1.Put my finger into my hand(everybody know it)
2.Watch if my clockwise or watch is the same color
3.Watch if i have the same T-Shirt that i have put in the morning
4.Watch if my glasser is the same color.
5.Try to bend my pen, or in a restaurant a spoon.

For me to remember to do a reality check, i use my watch, cuz every hours my watch ring. It is a digital one. :mrgreen: :lol: ;) 8-)
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 24+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 04 Apr 2013 11:24

taniaaust1 wrote:Im not really tending to use them. I usually just WILD into a dream or just spontanously become aware and just "KNOW" im dreaming (I guess if I was doing reality checking I'd be having LDs more often then I are right now).

Looking at the hands thou Ive found can work for me.

LOL

Hypnosnail

Postby Hypnosnail » 16 Apr 2013 04:09

For me it's: "Do giant albino babies ripping out trees really exist? No. Ok, I'm dreaming."

And yes, that really happened in one dream.
Lucid Dream using hypnosis: From the Mikandi store, download the Hypnosnail App.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Apr 2013 12:45

Je-Je wrote:Me

For me to remember to do a reality check, i use my watch, cuz every hours my watch ring. It is a digital one. :mrgreen: :lol: ;) 8-)

JeJe.. that trying to bend a spoon one isnt all that likely to work as if you do think it isnt a dream, you wont be trying hard to bend a restaurants spoon. (that is unless you dont actually mind destroying one). So due to that your reality check even if its a dream, will be half hearted... same issue with using a pen for reality checking (unless you would be really prepared to be possibly bending and hence snapping your real life pens).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 17 Apr 2013 12:33

taniaaust1 wrote:
Je-Je wrote:Me

JeJe.. that trying to bend a spoon one isnt all that likely to work as if you do think it isnt a dream, you wont be trying hard to bend a restaurants spoon. (that is unless you dont actually mind destroying one). So due to that your reality check even if its a dream, will be half hearted... same issue with using a pen for reality checking (unless you would be really prepared to be possibly bending and hence snapping your real life pens).

Yeah, agree. Cuz in my dream when im trying to bend a spoon sometime the spoon doesnt bend, but when i think it will bend, i can bend it. This is why i do five reality checks.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”