I could really use some help :l

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Antidote

I could really use some help :l

Postby Antidote » 15 Apr 2013 03:46

To start off, I'd like to thank you for reading and hopefully you can help me out :P

So as of lately I've had a few lucid dreams, but there have been many more dreams where I have remembered feeling the sensation of something being wrong, I remember one dream where a character said "but that can't happen, this is a dream" and sadly, for some reason, it just didn't clue in to me to do a reality check :evil:

I want to take a quick second to describe the few lucid dreams I have had.-----------------------

In the first (very first) was after i briefly come back to lucid dreaming. Basically I did a reality check (at least I think, for some reason I don't remember doing it) then I proceeded to float around and muck about in a very foggy, almost drunk feeling dream.

The next was when I asked a dream character "well that's probably not real, since I'm dreaming right?"
Something interesting and annoying happened at the same time. Right after I became lucid, the first thing I thought to do was to do the techniques I had learned to bring some clarity to my dream. Here's the frustrating part; I realized I was dreaming, yet I was afraid that there was a chance that I wasn't (for some reason) so when I demanded "Clarity now" it came out as a restrained, cautious clarity now, fearing that I was actually awake. I rubbed my hands together, no real effect. The dream was spinning slightly and this time I felt legit drunk. After about 15 seconds of this, I looked around the dream, and then slipped back to not being lucid.

TL;DR Did a reality check, was afraid I might not be dreaming, couldn't bring clarity, slipped back into the dream.

For the sake of keeping things short, I wont mention the last case of my lucid dreams, but I will say that it was short, I was aware but then I slipped back in.

OK FINALLY! So basically my question to you is, how can I turn more of those eerie feelings of something wrong into a clear, longer lucid dream? THANKS! :mrgreen:

EDIT: Titled it could really use some help because I REALLY want to stay lucid and clear, since when I did manage to be lucid a few times, it was AWESOME! :D
Last edited by Antidote on 15 Apr 2013 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

taniaaust1

Re: I could really use some help :l

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Apr 2013 09:02

If you ever experience weirdness or feeling like something is wrong in your real life... make sure you do a reality check then (even if you know you arent dreaming)... as it could help to program your mind to reality check at "something feeling weird or wrong".

If you are doing reality checks that you are worried to do in case you are awake.. maybe try doing others that you wont mind doing if you were awake..
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Antidote

Re: I could really use some help :l

Postby Antidote » 15 Apr 2013 13:40

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to try that out (although I don't get that feeling a lot IRL so that could prove to be a problem) And it wasnt the reality check that was what i was afraid of being awake, it was the techniques to bring clairty and make the dream less groggy.
Thanks again :)

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”