My grandmother used one of the tips i told her

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Highlander

My grandmother used one of the tips i told her

Postby Highlander » 22 Apr 2013 12:38

I am teaching my family about LD. This weekend my grandmother had a lucid dream and faced one of her fears, due to one of the tips i read and told her.

A few weeks ago, my grandmother told me that she has dreamed repeatedly being chased by a tribe of jungle people that wants to kill her. I told her that when this happens, do not try to run away and try to talk to them.
This week she had a similar dream. She was being chased, not by a tribe of people, but by the long dead house employee that wanted to kill with a machete. She remembered my tip in the dream. She stopped running and stared at him. He stopped... hide the machete... and went away.
It was a good result. I told her next time to try to talk to him.

Peter

Re: My grandmother used one of the tips i told her

Postby Peter » 22 Apr 2013 20:11

Good and it is that easy if you are willing to try.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 22 Apr 2013 20:50

That's beautiful that you could teach an older person this, as many older people tend to think they know everything already and can not be taught. You should continue to teach her more, Intill she is having lucid dreams all the time!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

mia

Postby mia » 23 Apr 2013 02:25

Your grandmother sounds like an interesting person Highlander. I think more mature adults sometimes get 'lost' in the world of being an adult with a job, family and children, mortgages etc. where they have no time anymore for anything as nebulous and esoteric as dreams. It's nice to see mature adults who have saved a little of the 'magic' that is so often lost.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”