When to WILD

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
worldenterer

When to WILD

Postby worldenterer » 22 Aug 2011 01:40

When should I try WILD's. I know I probably wont be able to get a WILD for a while. But I have heard people say that I does not hurt to try. Should WILDs be practiced while using the Wake Back To Bed method, or when lying down for an afternoon nap?
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

lawilahd

Re: When to WILD

Postby lawilahd » 22 Aug 2011 05:26

I usually try WILD'ing right after i naturally wake up. I go to the washroom and come back and try the WILD method right away. My first successful WILD however, was during an evening nap surprisingly, and I was really physically tired.

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 23 Aug 2011 21:44

Cool. So when done right, a WILD attempt will always give you an LD?

lawilahd

Postby lawilahd » 23 Aug 2011 22:19

not necessarily, there are times when I have done a WILD completely and correctly, however during the time of transition when I see my dream scene appear before my eyes, sometimes I am not able to fully merge myself in the dream scene before I fully wake up, probably due to excitement, fear etc. If you execute it properly and remain calm, it should work, but just this morning I had a WILD in which i woke up in my bedroom and thought it was waking reality so i went back to sleep but then I actually woke up and noticed that the blinds were different...it was a false awakening!! :(

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 24 Aug 2011 23:37

False awakenings are awsome.

lawilahd

Postby lawilahd » 24 Aug 2011 23:46

Yea they are, but i went back to sleep thinking it was real life then I woke up in reality, so I missed my chance to LD

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”