Transform nightmares into Lucid dreams

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Casale

Transform nightmares into Lucid dreams

Postby Casale » 26 Apr 2011 05:59

I thought I would share my number 1 technique for lucid dreaming: Every time something bad is happening, I do dream checks. For example, if I'm being chased by a massive robot, I do a dream check and usually find I can turn the dream around instantly. Falling off a bridge, I'll do the same thing, and end up flying. Stuck in an elevator with six really fat people, bam! Dreaming check. Guy in front of you buy the last pie at the bakery? Dream check.

A good habit to get into, and makes nightmares impossible.

maya

Re: Transform nightmares into Lucid dreams

Postby maya » 26 Apr 2011 15:22

i like this response, i still forget to reality check during stressful times in real life, but your post is motivating. i'll keep trying.

It does work though, i've had one lucid dream so far where i was running from a threat. I checked and took a while to gather the courage to stand up to it, i even let it try to kill me, but i didn't die.
Woke up refreshed.
i want more of these dreams. Nightmares bring em on!
If i can stand up to monsters in my dreams, i bet i can overcome some mental monsters in real life..

LynnM

Postby LynnM » 26 Apr 2011 20:08

That is really interesting. I have never tried dream checking before. How exactly do you do a dream check. It seems like when I am dreaming things are just out of my control and I am along for a ride like watching a movie. How do you turn your consciousness on to be aware during the dream? I'm really looking forward to hearing more about your dream checks. Thanks! :?:

Casale

Postby Casale » 31 May 2011 05:03

I spin around and try to press my finger through my hand. But there are lots of ways to do dream checks. I would look on world-of-lucid-dreaming.com at the techniques section to find one that appeals to you?

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”