Finger Count RC?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Nocturnal

Finger Count RC?

Postby Nocturnal » 03 May 2011 23:06

I have been using many different methods for RC and only the nose breathing has worked once in a LD. However, I cannot use it any more because of horrible allergies. Now, I use the finger count method.

Is it enough to just feel that you have five fingers, or do you need to visually see them?

Thanks!

Shade
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom - Upper East Side, Manhattan, USA

Re: Finger Count RC?

Postby Shade » 05 May 2011 00:28

it would be better if you could actually see them but if not im sure that remaining in the moment and getting a sense of your body as a whole would be a good rc. You could alos just combine the feeling of your hand with the question 'am i dreaming?'

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 05 May 2011 02:12

Looking at your palms is good too - it's visually intense in the lucid dream and brings awareness of your own body - you're no longer just a formless observer. Also trying pushing two fingers from your right hand through your left palm - this has always worked well for me. I think I got it from Stephen LaBerge's book.

Nocturnal

Postby Nocturnal » 05 May 2011 03:02

I actually used the finger push through palm first as my RC, but unfortunately it failed in one dream that I remember vividly, but I did not become lucid =[. Although it did help me with awareness. I've heard that the breath with your nose pinched method works best.

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 06 May 2011 20:31

I agree it is best to also look at your hands, but even these reality checks can fail if you believe your fingers won't go through your palms. It can be a trickster! :D

maya

Postby maya » 12 May 2011 15:55

I have long nails so poking at my hand is a painful idea..
I learnt lucid dreaming by pulling on my fingers. They can stretch to hilarious lengths in dreams like rubber :D
However doing this in real life for a year started giving me sore joints. I had to stop.
My other reality checks are not as easy and fool proof, but just have to keep training hard.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”