wild technique

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
livie12

wild technique

Postby livie12 » 04 May 2011 23:16

Can anyone do this technique? i find it very difficult to achieve.....
and kinda creepy! i heard the SP is weird and can give you hallucinations. being the wimp i am, i just wanted to know if there is a way to do so with out the feeling....
help!
:o
Livie....:)

Ancient

Re: wild technique

Postby Ancient » 08 May 2011 07:42

The hallucinations result from hypnagogia, not sleep paralysis itself. They simply happen to occur in very similar stages of wakefulness, and therefore are often related to each other. As for being afraid of what sleep paralysis feels like - you don't need to be. Just do some research on what it actually is, and when you start feeling it, remind yourself that it is a natural experience that is there to help your body to avoid injuring itself. Yes, there this the occasional time it can be frightening, but it is worth the experience to take the chance. I personally enjoy the feeling of SP.
Tool
Sleep
Portal
Gojira
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Am I Dreaming?--------------------------------------------------------- ?gnimaerD I mA

livie12

Postby livie12 » 08 May 2011 16:31

ill do that! thanks for you help!
:D

jake

Postby jake » 15 May 2011 02:27

I have done the wilds before, and although it seems really scary while your doing it, if you can do it once you relize how awsome it really is

Apescio

Postby Apescio » 16 May 2011 02:25

Two days ago I had a WILD experience accidentally, when I was trying to sleep I suddenly felt the sleep paralysis and started to hallucinate. I heard a scream next to me and noticed a silhouette in the edge of my sight. It sounds terrific but I knew that I was in sleep paralysis, so it didn't scare me. Then I was right there in my bed, but in a dream, and I knew it.
Hypnos worshiper.

livie12

Postby livie12 » 17 May 2011 01:31

that's cool! that's happens to me before, and i heard footsteps come into my room and also, saw a silhouette. i also knew it was sleep paralysis but still freaked out.

missxsmilezz

Postby missxsmilezz » 24 May 2011 01:36

i've actually been doing the WILD technique for awhile now. Though i never really do it consciously, I know for sure when I'm about to sleep that it is happening. For me, when the WILD technique is happening first and foremost i start seeing weird whitish images in the darkness behind my eyelids. I mostly just watch without much focus and then I start feeling a compressing feeling. I feel like my body is being compressed from all around. Next comes a sucking in feeling. I feel like i'm being sucked inwards. It's really weird but then i start seeing the dream world materialize or fractalize in front of me. first i see my hands and then i see the dream setting. ALL so very exhilarating to go from waking state to dream state fully conscious! :D

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 25 May 2011 02:11

I've had WILDs without sleep paralysis or any scary hallucinations.

The first time it happened, I just lay in bed really relaxed and still and watched my hypnagogia for a while. Then I focused on creating a dream scene.... a really nice beach which I'd been to recently. I imagined my toes sinking into the sand and visualizing the tiny little grains. The details were important to make it real.

Then I started to move around in my mind's eye and suddenly the whole scene went from being a vivid day-dream to an alternate reality of which I was a part. Suddenly the beach became 3D and I was there. I could hear the sounds of the waves and suddenly noticed all these other details like other people in the distance and the expansive blue sky overhead.

I had a very realistic lucid dream after that, it was fantastic! WILDs are not necessarily easy but you can get into the habit. My friend Michelle used to have WILDs when she was a kid - every night she just chose her dreamscape and off she went.... So if kids can do it, anyone can....

livie12

Postby livie12 » 25 May 2011 02:28

thanks for all your advice! if hope to get better, and i keep you updated!"

livie12

Postby livie12 » 16 Jun 2011 17:24

i know its been a while, but i had two, wild lucid dreams! thanks for everybody support and answers! :D

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”