RC - Mole check?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Nocturnal

RC - Mole check?

Postby Nocturnal » 13 May 2011 00:16

I have a mole on my hand, does looking at it (and asking myself if I am dreaming, of course) work as a RC?

maya

Re: RC - Mole check?

Postby maya » 14 May 2011 06:53

I'd say it's a good RC to have in your collection.
The mole may be unusual or missing in a dream. As long as you don't get too confused in a dream as to where your mole went or why it's so strange looking, you're good to go.
I might start using it myself.

Normal mole = Not dreaming, but better do another reality check just in case.

No mole, freaky mole, many moles, peek-a-boo mole, cheeze mold, monster veins.. where's my hand? = you're probably dreaming!

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 16 May 2011 08:10

I find looking at my hands in general is a very good reality check. I think it's because:

1) It throws your self awareness back into your body ("hey, I have a body! I'm not just a floating observer in this crazy world!")

2) It forces you to focus up close which makes the details more visually intense

3) You'll recognize whether your hands are your own, have five fingers, appear in all the right proportions, etc.

Also moving your hands in the right way stimulates the conscious brain. LaBerge recommends rubbing them together to stimulate the kinetic sensation which really does work to make you more lucid.

Let us know how your mole looks in your dreams!!

Shade
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom - Upper East Side, Manhattan, USA

Postby Shade » 17 May 2011 23:15

if you look at the mole and then look away and say to yourself and truly mean it that it wont be there when you look again it could be a good RC

Dreamsphere

Postby Dreamsphere » 18 May 2011 03:04

Yo, the staring at hands works! You can read my topic in the lucid dreams section, but basically I stared at my hands, didnt see anything odd, but somehow it clicked. My lucidity didnt last long, but i am a noob, and it worked!
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

Nocturnal

Postby Nocturnal » 28 May 2011 05:10

Wow! I have a great announcement to make! I was dreaming last night, when I did a RC. I counted my fingers.... all five were there, and by habit, I checked my mole on my right hand, and it was not there!

In its place, was a redish whiteish dot. I instantly knew I was dreaming, and became lucid (my second time!)!

So this DOES WORK!

Unfortunately, I am inexperienced with LDing and woke up after trying to fly in a few seconds.

Dreamsphere

Postby Dreamsphere » 29 May 2011 04:44

Lucky you! I still havent had lucidity worth mentioning, except a few seconds!
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

Nocturnal

Postby Nocturnal » 29 May 2011 06:00

This one was short, unfortunately, I think I just got too excited when I found out!

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 29 May 2011 07:49

Congrats!! How interesting what your brain did to your mole!
You've confirmed for me that hand-related checks are the best!!

Some people draw a big L for lucid on the back of their hand and use it to reality check. Actually I've never done it before so I'm gonna give it a try now and see what happens...

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”