Board index   FAQ   Search  
Lucid Dreaming BlogLUCID DREAMING BLOG Register  Login
Board index World of Lucid Dreaming Forum Dream Control Specifics

I ask a favor of kindness

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.

I ask a favor of kindness

Postby Worldenterer1 » 24 Feb 2012 03:06

Hello, has anyone played the game Portal? I have been trying to see if it is possible to use portals sucessfully in a lucid dream. I am still not skilled enough to do this, so I was wondering if someone else could try and tell me if it can be done. :D
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.
Worldenterer1

The easiest way to learn dream control

Re: I ask a favor of kindness

Postby natcrew » 24 Feb 2012 17:02

Sounds like a great idea :D
Theoretically, this should work as in, if you expect the portal gun to work and the portals to lead you to the right place then I don't see any reason it should work.
However; your subconscious can play round with you and might end up making the portals lead to the wrong locations.
I'm not an experienced lucid dreamer either, but I'll try it when ever possible and tell you the results ;)
natcrew

Postby Sarah » 25 Feb 2012 00:32

Portals are possible! Usually, it is done by using a mirror or a door.
Sometimes if you want to change scenery, or where you are at, you can spin around and imagine the place you are at and when you stop, it should be there.
To find out more about mirrors and doors check out the blog!
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]
Sarah

Postby Rebecca » 29 Feb 2012 23:13

Yeah I like Portal. Crazy game... ;)

I have opened up lucid dream portals in a similar way (not with a gun, but with my hand or just with my mind). The main difference is they don't always go where you expect them to.

Portaling while lucid can lead to some fantastic new scenes made by the dreaming self. It creates a real mystery adventure if you're stuck for things to do.
Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby aamorim » 29 Feb 2012 23:58

Check out the game called TRAUMA... sometimes its looks like the ways of my dreams imaginary

http://www.traumagame.com/

I wish I had the talent to develop software more or less like TRAUMA but instead of being a game, it would be software with basic training to lucid dreaming :lol:

All the best
--Andre
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
--Carl Jung
aamorim

Return to Dream Control Specifics