Rubbing my hands forced me out

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
PegiiL

Rubbing my hands forced me out

Postby PegiiL » 16 Jun 2013 10:44

Okay a few nights ago I woke up in the middle of the night and went back to sleep. Then I think I suddenly realized I was dreaming. I was in that weird stage of lucid dreaming and lying awake with my eyes closed. I felt myself slipping out so I rubbed my hands. But the odd thing was that IT FORCED ME OUT OF MY DREAM! How is that supposed to work? Why did this happen?

Teraku

Re: Rubbing my hands forced me out

Postby Teraku » 16 Jun 2013 13:17

Are you sure it wasn't just a false awakening? Or maybe sleep paralysis didn't quite correctly kick in yet, and your real body rubbed its hands together as well, causing you to wake up.

PegiiL

Postby PegiiL » 16 Jun 2013 20:03

Maybe

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Jun 2013 11:42

PegiiL wrote:Okay a few nights ago I woke up in the middle of the night and went back to sleep. Then I think I suddenly realized I was dreaming. I was in that weird stage of lucid dreaming and lying awake with my eyes closed. I felt myself slipping out so I rubbed my hands. But the odd thing was that IT FORCED ME OUT OF MY DREAM! How is that supposed to work? Why did this happen?

One shouldnt rub ones hands together or do anything like that till you are out, if you are still feeling your physical body in anyway at all, you arent ready to try to do that..

Also if you are extremely light in a LD, rubbing hands may not stabilise like it often can do but rather pull one out of dream state by making you more aware of your physical hands or moving them. When Im in a very light LD state, I find it better to manifest a DC and get him to touch me and then focus on his touching to pull me deeper into a LD rather then risk me moving my physical body by going to touch anything myself.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”