This is a really weird question but...

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
yours4everblue

This is a really weird question but...

Postby yours4everblue » 05 Dec 2013 14:27

I'm hoping this is a good time to ask this, as I've not had a lucid dream for a few nights. I can't control myself controlling my dreams... I go through phases, particularly if I'm anxious or sad, where almost all of my dreams are lucid. Dream-Me wants to just go with the flow of the dream and lose my consciousness, but I can't do it. People come up to me and ask me questions, and I try and turn them away, and they do, but then it just keeps happening again. I know it's a dream, I've got pretty good control over what's going on, and I don't want to wake up, I just want to rest. I've tried going to sleep in the dream a couple of times, but then stuff just gets really, really weird.

When I dream like this, I don't feel rested at all. Of course that's probably to do with the anxiety that's causing the lucid dreaming, but still, I want to know how to avoid feeling that way. I've never used a lucid dreaming technique, so I don't know if that would help? I guess my question really is- how can I stop a lucid dream without waking up?

If anyone else has experienced this, I'd be really grateful to hear about it...

Lakewolf

Re: This is a really weird question but...

Postby Lakewolf » 17 Dec 2013 01:53

Of course you don't feel rested---you're anxious 24 hours a day. You mentioned your dreams getting 'really, really weird'. In what way do they get weird?

It might help if I knew a little bit about what's going on in your personal life, if you feel OK sharing it in an IM. Usually my dreams are lucid when I'm relaxed & don't have a lot going on in my waking life.

Or... if you don't know what's causing the anxiety, try keeping the question "What's causing this anxiety?" in your mind as you fall asleep...then play the observer.

Please keep in touch.

taniaaust1

Re: This is a really weird question but...

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Jan 2014 10:27

how can I stop a lucid dream without waking up?

If anyone else has experienced this, I'd be really grateful to hear about it...

I havent had the problem you say there but I have had the issue with wanting to stop LDs without waking up. At one point I was having constant LDs when I was asleep and felt like my brain (waking mind) was getting no rest at all so wanted them to stop. Sorry I cant explain how I did stop it, it was very hard to stop.. like my brain had got into a habit of LDing. At one point I feared I'd never sleep normally again.

If anxiety is a big issue for you (without being a reason for it). Maybe you should talk to your doctor.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”