Is it possible to train skills in a lucid dream?

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Inedible

Re: Is it possible to train skills in a lucid dream?

Postby Inedible » 25 Aug 2014 08:25

It isn't the same, but I have used lucid dreams for school work and later on, for solving problems at work. In my dreams I never created my own training environments. The work situation was obvious; I just tended to turn non-lucid dreams about work into lucid dreams and then began to get things figured out. In school, though, there was a museum that I would choose to go to. All the exhibits would already be based on the things I was currently learning about in school. The difference was that I could pick things up and hold them in my hands and examine things in relationship to each other. The museum had been one I was taken to as a child; it was a childrens' museum that changed over the years with me. My guess is that if I hadn't already had places to train in new skills, I could have just asked for a place. That's often how I would transition into my museum - I asked for a bridge to go to it. A person who is training in a skill probably already has a place to do it in waking life. Going to that kind of place in a dream sets the mood and increases the expectation that you will succeed.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”