Is it possible to train skills in a lucid dream?

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
TheAstralMan

Is it possible to train skills in a lucid dream?

Postby TheAstralMan » 24 Dec 2013 07:10

I don't know if this is the correct forum for this.
I have studied music since I was 12. I know music theory, and I have been playing the guitar for about 7 years. I am very good at it.
I am now taking the piano, and I love it, so I was wondering if it's possible to practice instrumentation in a lucid dream? I do not have that great a control over my dreams, but if I ever get to the point where I have a very focused lucid dream a few nights a week, do you think that it's possible to practice things during the dream?

Highlander

Re: Is it possible to train skills in a lucid dream?

Postby Highlander » 24 Dec 2013 12:03

Of course. You can practice everything, from sports, to arts, to math calculations... everything. I too am a musician and i played some shows in my dreams. I am also a comedian and i did some standup comedy in my dreams. It was very helpful for me to test some material and, most of all, some physical comedy that i found funny.

TheAstralMan

Postby TheAstralMan » 24 Dec 2013 15:51

Nice! Thank you for answering.
I also found this article, which further proves that practicing in dreams is beneficial:

http://hbr.org/2012/04/practicing-in-dreams-can-improve-your-performance/ar/1

Now all I have to do is get good at lucid dreaming! ;)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Dec 2013 17:09

Learn to control the dream environment first and then practice whatever you want in the dream world.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Volke Locke

Postby Volke Locke » 22 Apr 2014 15:34

I know a lot of people who have solved complex problems in lucid states.

Especially concerning video games(the 8bit titles especially have been known to cause altered brain states, if you want to try this out for yourself... play tetris 30 minutes before bed.) I've known people to map out the old Zelda game in their mind in a lucid state and have the dream be accurate enough to guide them to the real location.

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 22 Apr 2014 18:55

I attempted practicing a monologue in a dream once. I could not control my voice at all and it was very difficult.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Do a reality check

What?!

Postby What?! » 23 Jul 2014 10:29

I remember reading in Daniel Love's book 'Are you dreaming?' (and also some places on the web) about research that has been done into practicing/rehearsing in the lucid dream-state. They would get the test-subject (who were experienced lucid dreamers) to perform a task or activity (I remember one of them being a flying kick) before the experiment and again after practicing this same thing while dreaming and their performance significantly improved.
I remember the final conclusion being that practice while dreaming is most definitely helpful, but it requires real-life practice afterwards to really help reinforce the newly learnt/improved skill in the brain for the long term.

soul2spirit

Postby soul2spirit » 24 Jul 2014 18:26

Yes it is possible to practice during a lucid dream or in the dream state. Music resides in the 4th deminsion and so does the dream state. Also you can access the masters who have passed. If you want to prcatice with Mozart during your dream state all you have to do is set your intention before you go to sleep. In other words just ask for it before bed and it will be.
http://soul2spirit.com/dream-work/

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 24 Jul 2014 22:36

soul2spirit wrote: Music resides in the 4th deminsion and so does the dream state.

Are you sure? The 4th dimension is widely regarded as temporal.
Dreaming is my drug

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 24 Aug 2014 00:53

I once practiced holding a speech in a lucid dream.

I started teaching a class about lucid dreaming, within the lucid dream.

This was a humorous and miraculous experience.

The only thing that can be difficult in a lucid dream is writing.

I tried solving a mathematical equation on paper in a lucid dream, and I couldn't see my own writing.

But singing and making music is a definite possibility in a lucid dream,

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”