Clarity now...

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
diamondmoon

Clarity now...

Postby diamondmoon » 29 Dec 2013 23:17

Okay, so I'm a beginner, but when I first became lucid in a dream I had, I tried the "clarity now" thing but it was like my voice wasn't working enough and I was holding back; I tried it several times. Same thing happened with the adding numbers together. Rubbing my palms together helped, but I could barely speak. Not sure why...?
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere."

torakrubik

Re: Clarity now...

Postby torakrubik » 29 Dec 2013 23:50

Quite a few members here have experienced similar muteness in LDs. I haven't myself, but I would guess it stems from a lack of belief. Your logic should go like this:

I am dreaming ---> I can do anything here
Speaking clearly is therefore possible.

It's difficult to do something even that simple when your mind is in dream mode...but you need to really convince yourself :)
Dreaming is my drug

sanage

Postby sanage » 09 Oct 2014 06:35

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and how they handle it. Are there techniques one can do while awake that help a lucid dreamer stay asleep upon attaining lucidity? Thanks!
Last edited by sanage on 28 Oct 2014 06:27, edited 1 time in total.

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 13 Oct 2014 23:09

it's a will thing. when you have started to get lucid you have overcome one barrier, but then you have to overcome the barriers in the dream world XD I agree with Torakrubik, you have to believe that when you say clarity now, that it Will work!

sanage wrote:I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and how they handle it. Are there techniques one can do while awake that help a lucid dreamer stay asleep upon attaining lucidity? Thanks!

Techniques such as spinning on the spot, and concentrating on the ground directly beneath you can apparently help. (spinning works for me, although it changes the scenery ;) )
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”