How do I stabilize the dream

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Jacob46719

How do I stabilize the dream

Postby Jacob46719 » 03 Feb 2014 08:39

to a point where I have to use a big effort to wake up?
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

HAGART

Re: How do I stabilize the dream

Postby HAGART » 03 Feb 2014 16:06

In most of my early morning lucid dreams I have to stay focused to not wake up, but I've had a few lucid experiences in which I didn't have to try hard to stay in the dream and even had the opposite problem. I couldn't wake up if I wanted to!

The thing I've noticed with those lucid dreams is that they happen earlier in the sleep cycle. If I go to bed earlier than normal and WBTB earlier I can enter a dream and become lucid but because it's a time when the body is use to a deeper sleep state the dreams last a long time and there is no need to struggle to stay in the dream. Most of lucid dreaming is mindset, but there are also sleep chemicals involved whenever we sleep and a deeper sleep produces much longer lucid dreams.

It's been a while since I had one of those and I want to do it again. What I plan to do, and this should work for everybody since biologically we are all the same, is to go to bed a few hours earlier than normal and do my normal routine that works. Deeper sleep = longer lucid dreams.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”