The more vivid the dream, the less control I have.

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Jacob46719

The more vivid the dream, the less control I have.

Postby Jacob46719 » 07 Nov 2014 20:39

My level of control seems to be inversely proportional to the level of clarity. I noticed that when I'm in a life-like LD, it's hard to expect something to happen; as opposed to a considerably less vivid LD, where it's relatively easy. It's frustrating when I'm doing almost everything I can to make myself expect things I want to happen, and it doesn't work for the most part. Pretty much the only thing I can consistently do regardless of the level of clarity is grow my favorite tail, and even that requires a few seconds of 'reassuring' or something. Help plz
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

buildit

Re: The more vivid the dream, the less control I have.

Postby buildit » 07 Nov 2014 23:12

This observation isn't uncommon from what I have seen. I have heard but never tried commanding "vividness" or something to that extent. For me the trick is to work within the dream construct instead of controlling everything. ;)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 08 Nov 2014 06:16

buildit wrote:For me the trick is to work within the dream construct instead of controlling everything.

What do you mean by that?

buildit

Postby buildit » 08 Nov 2014 06:37

I mean work within the environment supplied for you. ;)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 08 Nov 2014 06:50

buildit wrote:I mean work within the environment supplied for you. ;)

Perhaps you could go into more detail. I mean, it's kinda difficult to do that when all I've got for the majority of the time is the normal things in my house.

buildit

Postby buildit » 08 Nov 2014 13:50

Jacob46719 wrote:

Perhaps you could go into more detail. I mean, it's kinda difficult to do that when all I've got for the majority of the time is the normal things in my house.

In your dream?

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 08 Nov 2014 22:11

buildit wrote:
Jacob46719 wrote:

In your dream?

yes

buildit

Postby buildit » 08 Nov 2014 23:53

Then I guess you should try leaving the house and see if it gets more vivid. My most vivid dreams are the ones where I allow my subconscious to produce the construct and then I can act within that. it's the only way I know to maintain basic control and still have things be really vivid.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Nov 2014 07:39

I've noticed a correlation between vividness and control myself. The more vivid, the more solid objects are and the more 'gravity' there is. It's so real, like the waking life I am use to, so it's hard to have 'lucid powers'.

I can press my face into a glass window only to feel my nose pressed in and it's solid! I try to move objects with my mind, but to no avail. I call out for people to appear and nothing happens. Until you take a moment to look at it differently. For example, with solid objects, pretend it's butter and just slowly push your hand through it.

But I like those dreams better. Even with little control, when I do manage to do something it's so much more... awesomer!
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 29 Nov 2014 06:45

That's interesting you have those problems, generally for me the more clear the lucid dream then I usually have the most power then, I feel that way because I can see the dream so vivid I must be in a deeper sleep of rem or something and thus for gives me more vivid dream work and more control comes with it because idk it just does.

You should try something like yelling: "I DEMAND COMPLETE DREAM CONTROL NOW!", I myself have yelled increase clarity Now and the lucid dream becomes clearer or I'll yell increase lucidity now and something random and drastic will happen within the dream. But yeah that's all the advice I have. I might try that command now just thought of it now haha.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”