I've decided to not rub my hands together anymore

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
jamiealexander

I've decided to not rub my hands together anymore

Postby jamiealexander » 30 May 2012 10:04

I'm getting a bit tired of my hands doing stupid things to me when I try and rub them together. When I first started LD'ing I'd have imaginary tar on my hands and they would be impossible to rub. I've even had a time where they weren't hands.

Now it seems that every time I try and rub them together one of my pinky fingers gets sucked up and morphs into the wrist making at impossible to rub together.

I don't usually mind. I just don't rub them together, but I tried it this morning when the dream was fading a few times. I had to do more DEILD's than I'd have liked. I even tried spinning once, which I hate, but just woke up.

So I've decided to play about with trying something new, maybe you have ideas I could try that would help me.

I've thought of a few I will try:

Doing a handstand (same as spinning, kind of, maybe :?: )
Clapping my hands together (keep them away from each other :lol: )
High knees, running on the spot
Press ups (while staring at the floor)

Anyways, do you have any ideas? I think I'll have a go through some things. I'll report back what works for me, in case any or you are a freak like me :oops:

Beethoven

Re: I've decided to not rub my hands together anymore

Postby Beethoven » 15 Jun 2012 13:42

This is just a quickie...

When I used to have lots of lucid dreams many years ago I found that just looking at my hands prolonged the lucidity. My hands often looked deformed but it still worked. Looking at the ground or sky etc. worked for me too. Spinning NEVER worked. It just woke me up!

Happy dreaming!

Paul

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 15 Jun 2012 22:18

One trick that saved me the other day (credit goes to another poster whom i remember mentioned this in another thread) was falling backwards onto the ground and spreading my arms and legs, to get a sense of touch over the whole body. This just about stopped me getting pulled out of the dream.
Dreaming is my drug

Peter

Postby Peter » 15 Jun 2012 22:41

I always start by recalling my name and some detail from real life and this has been very good at stablizing the dream for me. After this I will look at hands for the fun of it but its more to confirm than anything else, another one that always works is to pinch the nose and then breathe through it, it invloves the mind and body and is very good
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 18 Jun 2012 00:58

Anything that brings you awareness "more" into the reality you're experiencing will stabilize it for you. Try bringing as many senses (taste, touch, sight, etc...) into it as you can and REALLY be mindful of the situation.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

fyreflower

Postby fyreflower » 06 Feb 2013 09:36

I like just looking at my hands works best for me, but I may be dating myself. All this hand rubbing seems like a lot of effort...even if it is dream effort : ) falling backwards seems like less effort, but I've never tried it hmmm of course I don't try to control my dreams anymore either unless something horrific is going down. (the reason I started lucid dreaming in the first place...to stop nightmares). I dig just seeing what comes, or the scenery my dream graces me with when I'm flying or floating around.
~ Horizontal Enlightenment ~

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 09 Feb 2013 22:46

fyreflower wrote:I like just looking at my hands works best for me, but I may be dating myself. All this hand rubbing seems like a lot of effort...even if it is dream effort : ) falling backwards seems like less effort, but I've never tried it hmmm of course I don't try to control my dreams anymore either unless something horrific is going down. (the reason I started lucid dreaming in the first place...to stop nightmares). I dig just seeing what comes, or the scenery my dream graces me with when I'm flying or floating around.

Once you realize what all these seemingly 'different' exercises do... it makes it all the much easier to do it whenever you want.

All they're doing is what I mentioned above... they all bring your awareness completely into the reality you're experiencing, which then strengthens the connection you have there. This allows you to retain your experience for a little while longer. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 12 Mar 2013 05:55

I will say this is a good decision, if something not going in your way by rubbing your hands and you doubt it, then stop doing it.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”