Trouble manipulating the dreamscape?

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
esilemc00

Trouble manipulating the dreamscape?

Postby esilemc00 » 07 Feb 2015 15:10

So I had another lucid dream last night, and I've got some weaknesses in a certain part of lucid dreaming. I can easily find/summon people, but when it comes to changing my surroundings, its not always so easy. I've had multiple lucid dreams where I could teleport, fly, and change the dreamscape with ease. But the majority are not like that. Last night I had some success, but only with small things like making a candle flame blue, and lights blue, and at one point I flew right through a car windshield and flew for a few moments. Would it make sense that maybe I just need to be more aware? Would rubbing my hands together and maybe shouting some things about clarity help solve that problem next time? :?

HAGART

Re: Trouble manipulating the dreamscape?

Postby HAGART » 08 Feb 2015 23:22

Changing scenes is hard for me and only did it once or twice. The best time it worked, as a fluke, I made a portal rise out of the ground much like that wavy, watery mirror from Stargate, and I jumped through it. Ask me to do that again and it might be hard, but for some reason in one lucid dream I had it came very easily. I didn't know where I'd end up on the other side and in fact the first attempt had no affect and I was in the same dream scene as if I had jumped through nothing. But the second time it worked. (It's an old dream but I remember that aspect very well. It was awesome.)

There are countless ways to do it from countless people, but that was my most memorable one for what it's worth.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

esilemc00

Postby esilemc00 » 09 Feb 2015 20:00

I've done the same thing, I was able to make a portal and I went through that to bring me to a fancy time travel bus station, another time I was able to run through a wall and teleport simultaneously but I don't think it would be easy to do again, I'll just have to try again I suppose. :?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Mar 2015 12:06

Changing whole landscape can be hard, one way to do it though easily (if it doesn't cause you to wake up) is spin. It's the one thing I recommend spinning for. Spinning will help you to disconnect from everything in your current dream and hence bring a new scene.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Allyk47

Postby Allyk47 » 10 Mar 2015 00:04

Omg, YES! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I CAME HERE FOR.

I was going to start my own topic but clearly now I don't have to.

I googled that exact phrase, "how to manipulate the dreamscape [in a lucid dream]" but nothing useful turned up. I'm surprised this thread wasn't in the search results.

So anyway, last night when I was going to sleep, I fell into a WILD that took place in a hospital. A DARK hospital. -__- I was a surgical nurse and in front of me was a man, a surgeon, laying down with his eyes closed in a chair. I thought... 'okay...he can either be dead or he can be sleeping... whether it's the latter or the former is all up to me....' Of course my first thought was that he was dead. But I put that out of my head with a quickness. Nope. Nope. He's just sleeping. So I kept trying to wake him up. Finally he woke up. For whatever reason, I decided to stay with this dream plot. I guess I thought Cool, maybe I could go into surgery with him and learn something that could help me at work. (I'm a recently graduated Practical Nurse; Surgical nursing isn't in my scope but still I thought maybe I could see something neat). Also, I had JUST fallen asleep and figured it was probably too early for me to start trying to manipulate elements. So I figured I'd just go with it.

So I'm like, "Dude wake up. You gotta be in surgery." So on, so forth. So he gets up and I follow him down the hall... when I realize.... ohsht. It's still dark. I gotta fix this. So I try to will the bright hospital-esque lights to come on. No dice. I try again. LIGHTS. Still nothing. So I get freaked out. A dark hospital I have no control over is a lucid nightmare waiting to happen. I wake myself up.

So the point is this: How am I supposed to bring light into a dark LD? Of course I could try to summon a light switch to make it more believable to my brain.... But. HAH! JOKE'S ON ME; Light switches are so notorious for not working in dreams, people use them as a common reality check. So I might as well not even bother with that. What do I do if this happens again? Is turning on a damn light in a LD as difficult a summoning a specific-looking DC? How do we manipulate the bad stuff out of our LDs?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Mar 2015 14:13

:D Dark hospitals creep me out too!! I don't know why but there is something creepy about that.

You probably should of tried the light switch after you found you couldn't just will it on ..but held the thought it would turn on. As one never knows it may of if you tried that.

or many of us use gestures to help focus the intent to have a light go on eg I don't just order "light on" I do a big click with my fingers at the same time thinking it will come on with the click. Other times I just point to it and ordered it on. I cant imagine myself putting a light on without some kind of hand gesture.

or you could of yelled "nurse, we need a candle!!!" (and just think of one walking in from next room bringing light with her). Though I guess that kind of would of been creepy doing surgery under candle light :D

or you could of got even more creative and thought about it being a power failure situation and phoned to get electricity put back on :) or called a nurse to go and put the generator on

Better luck next time with that.

Is turning on a damn light in a LD as difficult a summoning a specific-looking DC? How do we manipulate the bad stuff out of our LDs?

I've never had trouble getting a light on and I haven't had trouble summoning DCs (other then a dream guide who wont show up). I cant fly (I crash and hurt myself) or breath underwater (I start drowning) though :cry: . People cant tell what another would or would not find hard to do. It really all depends on the other persons subconsciousness.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Allyk47

Postby Allyk47 » 10 Mar 2015 20:06

taniaaust1 wrote::D Dark hospitals creep me out too!! I don't know why but there is something creepy about that.

You probably should of tried the light switch after you found you couldn't just will it on ..but held the thought it would turn on. As one never knows it may of if you tried that.

or many of us use gestures to help focus the intent to have a light go on eg I don't just order "light on" I do a big click with my fingers at the same time thinking it will come on with the click. Other times I just point to it and ordered it on. I cant imagine myself putting a light on without some kind of hand gesture.

or you could of yelled "nurse, we need a candle!!!" (and just think of one walking in from next room bringing light with her). Though I guess that kind of would of been creepy doing surgery under candle light :D

or you could of got even more creative and thought about it being a power failure situation and phoned to get electricity put back on :) or called a nurse to go and put the generator on

Better luck next time with that.

Is turning on a damn light in a LD as difficult a summoning a specific-looking DC? How do we manipulate the bad stuff out of our LDs?

I've never had trouble getting a light on and I haven't had trouble summoning DCs (other then a dream guide who wont show up). I cant fly (I crash and hurt myself) or breath underwater (I start drowning) though :cry: . People cant tell what another would or would not find hard to do. It really all depends on the other persons subconsciousness.

Yeah, something about dark hospitals is just creepy.... Call us crazy, right? :lol:

I like the ideas, thanks so much for the input. In the dream I -was- the nurse, but you're right, I could've called SOMEONE... maybe not to bring a CANDLE, because yes that would've been just as creepy, lol, (It was sorta like candle light as it was... Like, I could see everything...it was just dark. Like in a horror movie. Obviously it cant be pitch black because you won't see a damn thing, so they use the really dull glow-ish lighting so you can see just enough, but it's still really dark), but to maybe flip the lights on for me or get the generator ;)

I also really like the power outage scenario. Power outages are definitely a lot more natural and less-scary than just uncontrollable darkness. And so that's helpful (Not so much for getting the lights to come on, but for making the best out of a situation I can't manipulate, to alleviate the anxiety and prevent a lucid nightmare). I will definitely keep that in mind for the next time I have a dark dreamscape that I can't seem to alter. Although hopefully with your advice, I won't have that problem again : )

I guess it just kind of caught me off guard. I have had zero problems with willing myself to fly/hover and am getting better at summoning DCs....so when I couldn't do something as simple as willing the lights on.... You can imagine my surprise. I was like... "uhhh.... okay....now what do I do" lol. I guess if I wasn't so taken-aback and freaked out by my powerlessness over the situation, I may have been able to get creative enough to make up one of the aforementioned "more believable to my brain" scenarios.

I just got freaked and gave up too quickly. Thanks again ^-^

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”