Dream fades after seconds

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
LeonIman

Dream fades after seconds

Postby LeonIman » 10 Feb 2015 15:05

Hey everyone ! I'm Leon , 15 yo and new here :)

So I started getting into lucid dreams a few weeks ago , and am very patient. I started with a dream journal , RC and etc. I have had some lucid experiences yet which i think is a very good result, for being very new and already having had the pleasure to awake in my dreams. My problem is the following , the first time i had my LD i got very excited , but i knew i should calm down , so i tried spinning and looking at my hands ( Just as i got lucid a big DONG noise came and the dream was already spinning and crashing ) , just after a few seconds , i woke up . The similar thing happened to the following dreams. It is unbelievably hard for me to stay calm , it may seem easy but its like as soon as i get lucid the dream is meant to fade away. I will definitely not stop trying , but I just don't know if i should wait and wait or actually do something against this problem . Worth to mention that in the Dreams i had i was already in panic or was scared , or in a big bathroom which i got lucid in once which does seem to be scary ( me trying to concentrate while i feel unsecure ). So being `thrown `into the dream in thees situations is maybe difficult .
Thanks for reading until here and i do hope for an answer , thanks and love Leon. :)

taniaaust1

Re: Dream fades after seconds

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Feb 2015 08:31

I suggest to not spin to stabilize a dream as when a person spins they then cut the visual contact of their dream surrounding down. Use all your senses as much as you can to keep you in the dream and pull you deeper into it.

Try studying your hand to see if that helps stabilise. If that dont work.. try rubbing your hands together. You need to find a dream stabilization technique which works for you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Victus

Postby Victus » 27 Feb 2015 08:24

taniaaust1 wrote:Try studying your hand to see if that helps stabilise. If that dont work.. try rubbing your hands together. You need to find a dream stabilization technique which works for you.

So, studying hands is one of stabilization techniques? I saw some people comments that studying your hand it's reality checking technique since you can realize that something different with your hand. Though whenever I checked my hand I saw nothing special, but it helped me feel that i'm in dream.
Tania, maybe you have some thoughts or knowledge on why it works as stabilization techniques?

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 09 Mar 2015 07:30

I had this one dream where I was about to wake up but I told the dream "No! I am not waking up until I'm done!" The dream then seemed to reform long enough for me to finish what I was doing.

This is something I've only done once though, I gotta try it again to make sure it actually does work and I'm not giving myself false hope.

But if you try it, let me know how it worked out.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Mar 2015 12:10

Victus wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:Try studying your hand to see if that helps stabilise. If that dont work.. try rubbing your hands together. You need to find a dream stabilization technique which works for you.

So, studying hands is one of stabilization techniques? I saw some people comments that studying your hand it's reality checking technique since you can realize that something different with your hand. Though whenever I checked my hand I saw nothing special, but it helped me feel that i'm in dream.
Tania, maybe you have some thoughts or knowledge on why it works as stabilization techniques?

It can also be used for reality checking if a person needs to do that. It's a good technique for both things depending on what you need at time. (If you are using to reality check, you need to think of your hand not going to appear normal when you look at it).

If just using staring a hand to stabilize, you don't have to have any particular thought about it at all except focus on it. Focusing intently on anything in a dream can help stabilization and getting used to using ones hand to do it is just easy as its always there.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”