Why can't I create a dreamscape?

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
MajorSecond

Why can't I create a dreamscape?

Postby MajorSecond » 15 Jun 2012 17:14

I've been trying for a while to lucid dream, and alas I realized I was dreaming for the 4th time last night. In both of my first attempts to control my dream, the dream just went black and I woke up after a few seconds, except the second time I did manage to walk out of a door and into a hallway. I figured it was because I was a beginner. The 3rd time I hardly even remember the dream, I just woke up still in sleep paralysis. This time was weird.
I was having an exceptionally nice dream about walking through the park with a boy I kind of have a crush on. My brain seemed to ignore the first signs that I was dreaming, like the fact that he drove there even though he doesn't have a license. However, at one point in the dream I was at home. Now, the first part of my dream took place in the afternoon- probably around 1 or 2. I looked at the clock at it was past 5. I asked my mom why this happened, and all she said to me was "time flies." I looked at the clock again and it was past 7, at this point I realized I was dreaming. Everything suddenly became so much clearer until I actually said that I was dreaming, at which point I felt like I fell through the floor into a black pit of nothing.
I tried to create a new dreamscape but it just wouldn't work. For some reason I wanted to go to the band room of my school because that was just the first place that came to mind. I didn't have a plan for the dream because I wasn't really expecting it to happen. I hadn't tried any techniques yesterday. I kept yelling "band room! Take me to the band room!" but I'm not sure if I had started screaming it in my sleep or not. I couldn't tell if I was quite awake yet. Then I woke up shaking as I always do whenever I fail an attempt at lucid dreaming. However, I'm not sure if this was a false awakening. I didn't do a reality check and simply went back to sleep.
Why is it so difficult for me to create a dreamscape? This happens every time and it's getting very frustrating. I try so hard yet my brain doesn't listen. I wanted to explore the dreamscape I was already in, but since I fell into nothingness, I couldn't. Why does this happen?

torakrubik

Re: Why can't I create a dreamscape?

Postby torakrubik » 15 Jun 2012 22:22

It's very hard to create a dreamscape from scratch. It's easier to manipulate objects around you to arrange the scene you want; of course in your case of 'nothingness' this wasn't possible. It just takes a stable, focused mind, and practice, to start to build your dreamscape around you. Next time try to be calm, and clear in your intentions.
Dreaming is my drug

Beethoven

Postby Beethoven » 15 Jun 2012 22:26

Hello!

I had a friend that used to call this state I think you're referring to "The Black Void" which has always stuck with me. Phew! I wish I could experience any black void right now as it seems as though all memories of lucid dreaming have completely been erased from my mind!

Anyway, many years ago when I used to have quite a lot of ld's, there were loads of times when all I had was complete blackness, or faint images etc. I found that running or flying as fast as I could induced a proper dream scene.

When the dream fades lie as still as possible and try and will yourself back into lucidity land again. But don't force it too much. Sometimes I was able to do this lots of times.

I used to wait weeks for a ld and then it was all over in about 30 seconds. I was delighted when I got the hang of being able to have them back to back. It was always really tempting to move when my ld had faded cos I'd feel uncomfortable, but I knew that my chances would be ruined if I did so I tried to stick it out.

Anyway, good luck and happy dreaming!

Paul

Peter

Postby Peter » 15 Jun 2012 22:38

I wrecked a city a while back as part of an experment in a LD and then rebuit one from scratch. I did not focus on a model but will one into existance and it was the hardest thing I have ever done. I had to use so much intent it was more a controlled rage to call up enough energy and also had to be done in a clinical way so I did not bust the dream, it was a major event and I was happy and there was a point where the city was stable and I could then explore it.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

WildCat23

Postby WildCat23 » 19 Jun 2012 18:04

Peter wrote:I wrecked a city a while back as part of an experment in a LD and then rebuit one from scratch. I did not focus on a model but will one into existance and it was the hardest thing I have ever done. I had to use so much intent it was more a controlled rage to call up enough energy and also had to be done in a clinical way so I did not bust the dream, it was a major event and I was happy and there was a point where the city was stable and I could then explore it.

Sounds so cool. I would will the city rebuild itself on its own.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”