Avatar: The Last Airbender abilities

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
HAGART

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender abilities

Postby HAGART » 08 May 2016 02:58

I posted in this thread awhile back, so it showed up in "view your posts" and of course when you write in a thread it gets 'bumped' to the top, so others will see it now too. It's not buried down from 4 years ago anymore. It's still relevant. It is to me, anyway.

You and I have a lot in common. I use to live in Hong Kong for 10 years in the 90's and grew up there, going to HKIS. I was also inspired by the Airbender series. You might do the math and realize I was in my twenties and even 30's when I saw The Legend of Korra, but it's actually a very fun show for all ages. Water was the most natural one to me, as well as earth. I don't fly well in dreams, so air is not my forte, and fire is pretty hard because it has a life of it's own, but recently I've become obsessed with making fire come from my palm in dreams and have gotten good at it. In fact, just now, I remembered a part of my lucid dream I had last night, that I forgot. I made fire come from my fingers and lit a cigarette. It's so cool to do that amongst a crowd in a lucid dream like a boss.

I've never been able to make accurate lightning though, and my Kamehameha waves are very weak. I can however make a pretty mean Rasengan and when I try to squeeze it in my palms it forces back as if magnetically repellant. All these TV shows have influenced my dreams as I'm sure they struck a chord with many others as well. I also love using "The Force" to draw objects to my hands, or levitate them, like you described doing.

I have so many lucid dream stories about "bending" and "energy balls" that I don't know where to start. It's one of my favorite things to do.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 May 2016 03:31

You've inspired me to recall my first dream water bending. This must have happened in 2011, I think, and it's before I got serious about dream journaling, so it was never written down. I can still, however, remember it.

I was eating a submarine sandwich in a house and walked outside. I was surprised how realistic food can taste in dreams. (If you haven't tried eating in lucid dreams, I highly recommend it). I didn't finish the sandwich and just cast it aside.

I was in the backyard of a house that I don't recognize, and there was a large in-ground swimming pool with a few others sitting in chairs who were family members. It was so real that my hands were sticky from eating the sandwich so I wanted to wash them off in the water. Being too lazy, I simply willed the water to come to me. I raised out my hand toward it and beckoned it to come to me with a wave of my hand and it worked. I saw a small wave crest and splash toward me and I held my hand out to get wet and rubbed them clean. It still surprises me to this day, no matter how many times I feel water in a dream how it is exactly like real life. The feeling of 'wet' is so realistic and unmistakable and yet hard to truly explain to a robot who never felt it before with words, you know?

After washing myself off, I then had some fun. I willed a small sphere of water to rise up and hover about the size of a water balloon and chucked it at my uncle who was sitting in one of the chairs by the pool. He got drenched and I thought he was going to get angry at me, but he didn't even seem to notice. I think I probably splashed a few more family members before I decided to do something else and take it further.

I willed larger and larger balls to form and threw them around, and then took it even further. I willed one about a meter in diameter to form up and then using hand gestures that just make sense at the time, I made it freeze solid. I'm not sure what I did with it, and fear I might have thrown it at somebody. :twisted:

That's all I remember, and it was fun to recall that long-lost dream. I have since done so much more and recorded it in a journal. I freeze water, melt it again, snowbend, shoot a stream out of my hands, and even create a pool of it in the palm of my hands, turn it into soda and drink it!

It's certainly so much fun, and "element bending" is something I have loved doing for a long time. Water comes more naturally to me, and I think I posed this in one of my earlier posts in this thread: I wonder if our personalities are the reason why some are drawn to certain elements more than others.

jg86

Postby jg86 » 19 May 2016 06:36

Wow, that sounds awesome! I don't know if our personality influences our ability to (lucid-dream)bend the elements. Water feels like my natural element too. I'm a Scorpio, it's a water sign. Maybe that has something to do with it? Who knows? Anyhow, thanks for replying! I think we should be friends haha but this forum won't let me send you a PM :cry:

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 19 May 2016 07:45

You can send PMs. I just did. Check at the top where your username is, beside the envelope. It should say, "1 new messages" You can even click on the PM button to the right here, with our user information------------>

ShahdaeKW

Postby ShahdaeKW » 07 Dec 2016 02:59

DAZ_XT950 wrote:Hi everybody.

Recently, i have been watching a show that I used to watch on T.V. when I was younger. The show is called Avatar: The Last Airbender. If you do not know of this show, I strongly recommend that you watch it (the cartoon series, not the movie).

On the show, many of the characters have the ability to bend their home element (water for people born in the water tribes, earth for people born in the earth kingdom, fire for people born in the fire nation and air for people born in the air temples). What this means is that they can move and control their home element through use of their spiritual energy. In the show, there is an individual who can bend all four elements, he is known as the Avatar. Here is the opening scene to the first episode so you can see what I am talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CggapZLtWdo

The main reason for this post is that in the past two weeks, I have had three dreams that have been directly related to this show as I have had the abilities of the characters on the show. In two of these dreams I have been lucid and have been able to earthbend and in the normal dream I was able to firebend a little.

I feel that to get better at using these abilities, I will have to train in future lucid dreams which will be very fun in my opinion.

I want to know if anyone on this forum is also a fan of the show and has attempted to use these abilities in their dreams.

Also, for the people who are not fans of the show, I suggest you watch a few episodes and attempt to use the abilities of the characters in the show as it is really fun (probably the best thing I have ever done while dreaming).

THAT IS MY SHOOWWWW! I love ATLA! Im an ATLA expert hahah.. and when I lucid dream for the first deliberate time, I plan on being a bender xD
May the intelligent beings of love smile upon your heart,
~Shahdae Williams~

MysticalMeadows

Postby MysticalMeadows » 17 Dec 2016 03:17

That is awesome! That is probably my favorite TV show of all-time. That is incredible that you were bending the elements in your dream like people from the show. That's crazy. :D

Dinoponera

Postby Dinoponera » 25 May 2017 08:19

HAGART wrote:But it appears others can with ease. I'm sure with practice we can all manipulate all the elements in a lucid dream, but do certain elements come naturally to some and not to others? (of course they are not true elements but mental blocks that may be a clue to our personalities)

It said in the show that the Avatars always had trouble mastering the elements that are farthest from their own personalities, so that would make sense.
Water and air come naturally to me [IRL I actually practice the martial arts ther're based on] but I struggle with fire, and I've no skill with earth.
"Won't you be friends with me" ^_^

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”