autopilot anyone?

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
alij8000

autopilot anyone?

Postby alij8000 » 23 Nov 2016 06:55

i was wondering if its possible to let the dream take you where it wants instead of trying to control it,much like a normal dream,but a concious journey.

Philoni

Re: autopilot anyone?

Postby Philoni » 24 Nov 2016 03:05

That's called semi lucid dreaming and there is no known way to induce one. It just happens.
Don't stop to watch the clock, do what it does; Keep moving

alij8000

Postby alij8000 » 24 Nov 2016 17:58

thanks

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 25 Nov 2016 05:12

Yes. I understand autopilot. A few weeks ago, I had a dream where I was in conversation with someone across as desk in an office building. I became aware of being in a dream. I glanced out the glass wall and saw many people working in office cubicles. I thought to myself that I could leave my current conversation and interact or play in the dream environment. I, instead, chose to observe the natural course of the dream, much like watching a movie (and decided not to exert lucid control).

alij8000

Postby alij8000 » 25 Nov 2016 12:13

thanks for the reply,
and how did that go ? did the dream just happen as it normaly would ?

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 25 Nov 2016 14:15

Yes. I seemed to have a choice whether I would pursue lucidity. When I decided just to observe the immediate plot, I gradually lost lucidity and resumed the normal dream direction.

alij8000

Postby alij8000 » 25 Nov 2016 17:43

well thats useless then,i tought perhaps if you let the dream show you what it wants,you may be able to progress spiritualy but it seems its pointless.
i started this thread over on dreamviews but even tough its had lots of views appearntly no one finds it intresting for some reason,http://www.dreamviews.com/general-lucid-discussion/162267-lucidity-demand.html
maybe give it a look and see if you can perhaps help out?
i think perhaps if i one actualy managed this,it would be a doorway to endless posibilities unknown to us.

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 26 Nov 2016 00:13

I am a very interested in spirituality. Not every dream or every second of waking life am I considering deep issues of spirituality, my mortality, etc. This particular dream, I was just curious about the existing plot and conflict resolution. I was just commenting on the only time I wanted to "autopilot". Sorry it was useless.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 26 Nov 2016 01:23

alij8000 wrote:i was wondering if its possible to let the dream take you where it wants instead of trying to control it,much like a normal dream,but a concious journey.

It's doable. You just have to be willing to go with any flow. A bit of mindfulness in the mix should help.

alij8000 wrote:well thats useless then,i tought perhaps if you let the dream show you what it wants,you may be able to progress spiritualy but it seems its pointless.
i started this thread over on dreamviews but even tough its had lots of views appearntly no one finds it intresting for some reason,http://www.dreamviews.com/general-lucid-discussion/162267-lucidity-demand.html
maybe give it a look and see if you can perhaps help out?
i think perhaps if i one actualy managed this,it would be a doorway to endless posibilities unknown to us.

To progress spiritually, take up Vipassana meditation---otherwise known as mindfulness. It teaches you to observe thoughts coming and going without chasing them and getting lost.

Just watch the contents of consciousness arise in your mind. You can start by focusing on how your body feels and then your breath. Gradually, you can move on to sounds and vision. And then all senses at the same time. Finally, you may pay attention to the thoughts that arise.

You may even go further and ask yourself, 'Who's the observer?' and arrive at the conclusion that there is no thinker of thoughts, there is just thinking. And there is no hearer of sounds---just hearing. And there is also just seeing. And no knower of what is known---just knowing. The ego falls away. There is no self. ;)

Vipassana = VIP ass ... for ... anatta (the non-self state) :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

alij8000

Postby alij8000 » 26 Nov 2016 06:13

@Summerlander
thanks for the reply,and the suggestion,actually i've alredy done that without following a certain spiritual practice such as vipassana,i read up on shiva's vigyan bhairava and started doing exactly what you've just said,my conclusion wasn't that there is no observer of toughts,it was in fact,that the observer is unknown and unknowable by our standards as i could feel it,it was a deep stillness,with no desires,no needs,no intentions,just simply there,a presense i would say,and i can feel it all the time in the background,a road full of traffic,but the road itself,silent,simply present.
for me,its not that its not there,its that it doesn't fit into my brain,because my brain cannot fathom something as simply existant with no roots and no destinations.
however,this hasn't helped me get what i want most.
please check this thread maybe you can provide some insight :
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18612&p=63355#p63355

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”