My eye lids try closing when I'm lucid or semi lucid dreaming

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
SleepParalysis

My eye lids try closing when I'm lucid or semi lucid dreaming

Postby SleepParalysis » 17 Feb 2017 23:42

My eyelids try closing when I'm lucid or semi lucid dreaming. It's really annoying and I don't know how to deal with this. I say out loud "I need more vision!" and the dream clears up for a very short while and then my eyelids start closing again. (A lot of the time if my eyelids fully close I wake up)

And I have a second question. Although I am lucid in my dream when I wake up I feel like I should have done "this" or "this", So that means I'm not fully lucid because it's not my complete conscious stream of thoughts? But I'm still sure I'm lucid because I know I'm dreaming and there is this weird feeling that I get only when I'm lucid. So am I really lucid??

Petal

Re: My eye lids try closing when I'm lucid or semi lucid dreaming

Postby Petal » 21 Feb 2017 20:20

Umm, I don't know about anybody else, but I lucid dream with my eyes closed. I see though my minds eye not my real eyes. It doesn't matter what my eyes are actually doing. Though I prefer it if my dreams are calm, too much R.E.M. And I wake up with a cracking headache.
If you are aware that your dreaming when you are dreaming then you are lucid. Sometimes I kind of let the dream do its own thing and although I am doing things in my dream I don't interfere too much. Other times I am much more interactive and I make a lot of decisions of how I want things to turn out and what I think I'm up to. It doesn't always go how I want it to. In my best lucid dreams I wake up fully in it. Everything is awesomely detail and colourful. There is no mistaking that I lucid. I have discipline myself a lot not to get too excited because the lucid dream can stop abruptly, which is always disappointing.
Hope this helps.
Anyhow, Kind Regards. I hope to see you about...

Price

Re: My eye lids try closing when I'm lucid or semi lucid dreaming

Postby Price » 26 Feb 2017 08:14

It could be that your eyes are not really closing, but that your dream is ending.

Try letting your eyes close and spin, sing, clap, or rub your hands and wait for a new dream to reform around you.

Also Lucid is so funny because even if we are 100 percent Lucid, we are still operating in a dream and I have found that I to struggle with logic and clear thinking.

So now instead of simply saying " I will lucid dream" I know always say " I will lucid dream and (insert activity). That way I am also ingraining my activity intention into my lucid dreaming intention. Does that make sense?

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”