Dream Character Wont Speak

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
shawnart

Dream Character Wont Speak

Postby shawnart » 22 Feb 2017 23:03

Hello,

I have had a couple successful LDs the last couple mornings, starring my boyfriend. But he wont speak to me, not a word, just smiles like he knows its bothering me.

Also, I've been having the problem of losing the ability to speak in the dream myself. The first one started out that way, and I broke out of it. The second one ended with me struggling to be able to speak.

If anyone has any tips on solving this, rewiring my brain so I can overcome it and have longer LDs, I would love to hear!

Sean Jacobs

Re: Dream Character Wont Speak

Postby Sean Jacobs » 28 Feb 2017 22:48

Hi shawnart. As for making a dream character speak; I'm sure you can force them to speak just by imposing your will on that character. But the results may be strange. I once had a LD where I grabbed a dream character off of a bicycle. He was very angry and yelled at me. I looked him in the eye and asked if he was a real person or a dream character and he turned "doll-like" right before my eyes. You could try asking questions and see if the character will answer. If he won't I would just move on to something else.

Losing your ability to talk is much easier. You can will pretty much anything to happen in a dream because it is controlled by your expectations. The easiest way would be to think "This is my dream and I can do anything I want! I can speak!" You can just use your imagination to get around the issue. You can think that there is a micraphone or a megaphone right behind you and you will be able to speak through it, then turn pick it up and start talking.

I hope this helps.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”