Dream Stabilisation Attempt

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
donjuan

Dream Stabilisation Attempt

Postby donjuan » 26 May 2017 12:27

After spotting something strange in my dream last night I became lucid. I ran outside.. it was Chefchaouen, the blue city, in Morocco.

I did the following to try and stabalise the dream:

- Rubbing my hands together
- Doing basic math in my head

I think I got too excited though, because it was my first lucid dream in years (I've only been trying again recently)

I started running and then floating quickly till I was in the stars. I saw the moon in kalidascope shapes (like crop circle type things) and then I woke up. I'm not sure at what point, but I tried rubbing my hands again. The second time everything faded and then I woke up

Can anyone give me advice on how I can stablise the dream next time?

Gypsy Moth

Re: Dream Stabilisation Attempt

Postby Gypsy Moth » 18 Jun 2017 21:51

Yes. Just as you do in waking life, don't focus too long on any object. Just take quick glances at objects like you do every day. If you notice while you're awake and you stare hard at something, the rest of the visual field tends to narrow and you become drawn into that object. This is 10 times stronger in dreaming as we are gazing with our spirit; without any filters like we have in our everyday life. So just quick glances, then look away, then look back & away. Pretty soon you can train your dreaming attention to be more reined in and controlled so scenes don't contort and draw you into strange chaos like in everyday dreams.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”