Board index   FAQ   Search  
Lucid Dreaming BlogLUCID DREAMING BLOG Register  Login
Board index World of Lucid Dreaming Forum Dream Control Specifics

Should have rubbed my hands!?

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.

Re: Should have rubbed my hands!?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Mar 2012 03:19

Hand rubbing has worked well for me when stability is needed.

But why are some LDs inherently more stable than others? If you blow on some of them the wrong way, they vaporize. Others seem to able to handle quite of bit excitement, emotion, introspective thought, logical reasoning and other things that might normally cause a lucid dream meltdown.

Maybe they get more stable with practice. My last LD was the most stable yet, I spent quite a bit of time thinking about what my body was doing in bed and how this could even be happening, and I can't believe this, etc. It looked like it was just going to keep going on so finally woke myself up because I was getting bored with it. That was a first. But there are others where I am struggling from the start and they end too soon no matter what I do. I'm really interested to learn more about why lucid dreams vary so much as to how stable they are.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus
lucidinthe sky

Previous

Return to Dream Control Specifics