Dreaming Together

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Gypsy Moth

Dreaming Together

Postby Gypsy Moth » 19 Jun 2017 02:43

Have any of you done dreaming together? If so, how did it go? Any tips?

lucidé

Re: Dreaming Together

Postby lucidé » 20 Jun 2017 20:06

There are 2 types of this, one being possible the other being impossible

The type you are thinking about is impossible, which is dream meeting or dream sharing. Unfortunately because 2 artists are incapable of having the same form of art, even if they have the same communication (which it takes mega lottery luck in order to accomplish even this), it is impossible to have an experience with dream sharing.

There is however a such thing as what is called dream meshing. Dream meshing is when 2 lucid dreamers may not have the exact same lucid dream as each other, but may have several matching symbols. This can range from anywhere from conversations, characters, environments, and even the rare dream spying experiences. The odds of having different forms of dream meshing vary, but dream meshing with a different user on here is possible. While I have experimented with many different forms of it in the past with friends, I haven't seen many of the other users experiment with it.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Gypsy Moth

Postby Gypsy Moth » 26 Jun 2017 17:22

Well, I've had a different experience. While I agree that two or more dreamers would see the same dream from a different perspective, glancing at different things lucidly, having things impress them differently etc., two dreamers can share the same dream.

An example of the handful of times this has happened to me. I had a friend who is morally in trouble. The dream I had was of her locked in a tiny room with drywall and black mold. No doors, no windows. She was trapped. And I was made to understand it was her purgatory to come.

The next day while having tea with this friend, without prompting at all, she blurted out that she'd had the strangest dream the night before. She said she was locked in a small room with black mold on the walls, no way in or out, and that I was there, but not there. She said it was like I was hovering or watching her there but not actually in the room with her.

So, there you go. My daughter and I have recounted dreams to one another where the details share the same eerie consistency. My question in the OP was if people who are skilled at this have any tips how to consciously encourage these types of dreams?

goldenrose

Postby goldenrose » 28 Jun 2017 02:20

I've accidentally done shared dreams, and because of this, I think it's very real.

I won't get into details, but basically, I'm very close with this person, we have what I can only describe as a strong soul connection. I have a very vivid dream (only lucid some of the time, sadly), with specific scenery and events, the dream ending with me inching closer to this girl who had collapsed to the ground sobbing.

I wake up, and have received at least a dozen texts from this person, talking about the amazingly vivid dream she had the night before. She starts describing a scene just like mine (this dream setting was a house party), the same outside and inside of the house, the layout, and all that. She says at some point she ran down the stairs (the house had two levels, with a stairway in the living room) and collapsed, sobbing because of an event that had occurred upstairs. She says she saw me, inching closer to her...then I suddenly disappeared.

Upon comparing dreams, everything seemed the same, just from different perspective. The only hang-up was I didn't recognize her, but she said she had changed appearance, and the description she gave me was accurate; besides, her hair was covering her face, so I couldn't see too well. Darn.

Anyway, I believe shared dreams is possible, but probably quite rare. Most "shared" dreams are probably the result of dream meshing as stated earlier. But if by accident...it's either true or a very unlikely coincidence.

The only thing I cant think of that triggers these dreams is a strong connection to the person, at least from personal experience, because I've only shared dreams (on other occasions too, this was just one instance) with this particular person, and she's the only person I share such a close bond with. She's also a fellow lucid dreamer and vivid dreamer in general, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone, I'm just stating from my experience and perspective. :)
Darkness is always held up by the light.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 28 Jun 2017 19:56

I agree with Gypsy Moth and Golden Rose. I think a lot of People are Dreaming Together but don't publish it. Also of all the dreamers world wide who are aware that they are dreaming and share with it with other dreamers, how many use our forum? I have learned over the years to accept what did seem to be impossible. My tip to beginners and doubters. Patience. Patience, and never to give up. If a line does not seem to work, try a new line, but also give your self time. Of course a positive waking life will spill into your dream life, and I believe the other way around. It did for me. :)

Gypsy Moth

Postby Gypsy Moth » 03 Jul 2017 01:48

Yes, a strong or familiar connection. That makes sense. I wonder if both people need to be thinking about each other before they go to sleep? Just looking for tips.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 30 Jul 2017 07:25

I've had many experiences with "dream meshing" in the past with my lucid dream friends, and I am willing to admit I have done so. I have exchanged passwords with them in the lucid dream and confirmed biased them later, as well as my friends and I have had incidents of dream spying during our experiences with dream meshing before. I have had some very great experiences, even with just the meshing. Although I am not going to go into detail with that.
As far as what I did to get better meshing experiences, my friends and I usually performed very specific WILDs, where we commanded our awareness away from real life into our dream bodies, then we'd enter the dream version of our rooms, which was 100% accurate to that of real life's. As we learned how to tell accurate time in real life and memorized accurate places, we would arrange to meet each others' characters at those places. This helped us be much more successful at dream meshing.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

24/7/365

Postby 24/7/365 » 06 Aug 2017 16:59

if you're a female, I will dream with you. wink wink winkadee wink wink wa wa wink wink

HunterClash

Postby HunterClash » 07 Aug 2017 19:10

24/7/365 wrote:if you're a female, I will dream with you. wink wink winkadee wink wink wa wa wink wink

LD: 6
1: 4/9/15 - The Plane
2: 7/11/16 - The Voice
3: 8/7/17 - The Self Suggesting Dream
4: 8/17/17 - The Snake
5: 8/19/17 - The Super Speed(Fail)
6: 8/26/17 - The Ball Pool

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 07 Aug 2017 23:58

24/7/365 wrote:if you're a female, I will dream with you. wink wink winkadee wink wink wa wa wink wink

:shock: :? :? :? :?: :|
Good luck,
Dream on.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”